Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #21

Re: Sad news about Vienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
had the news about Vienna today (Kazz, thanks for asking, how odd you've been thinking about her, the same days the results are through.)
Well it's not good, but it's not too bad either
There were no cancer cells in the cell samples........however the vets are still convinced it was a cancerous tumour surrounding the thyroid gland. So kind of inconclusive, but they said we can either
* remove the other thyroid & test that
*do a chest x-ray which will show if any cancer there has metastisized
*leave her & monitor her health.....................

I have decided to monitor her health, because I think there's no point removing the thyroid unless we need to (blood test in 3 weeks will establish thyroid function & tell us if we need to remove that). If she has got cancer & if it's spread, nothing will change, there will be no medication & there will be no change of plan......
So I think whilst she's happy we just carry on with her & see how she gets on, she is gaining weight slowly & her appetite is more normal now, she's not starving hungry all the time. So that's about it! She is with a nice lady who has her in the house & there are no other pets there, so she is spoiled. I think the chances of finding her a home are slim, but the lady who is fostering her is happy to keep her until either a home is found or until the end of her days.

Smudgley have I never told you I am a mind reader

But I have to say I am pleased she is in no discomfort and hope all goes well for her.