Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-12-2005, 09:25 PM   #11

Re: We want help please

A very happy Christmas to you too Logoes!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-12-2005, 10:29 PM   #12

Nice to meet you, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Sorry to hear about your cat, what was her name? and can I say from your brief introduction you sound as if any cat will be more than happy to settle in with you. You could also try asking the vet and see is he is aware of someone who is trying to rehome an older cat through other circumstances such as a person going into a care home or divorce.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
22-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #13

Hi again, just a thought

Personally I wouldn't try & introduce a new cat to your family - whilst your dog has a damaged cruitate. If he needs an op - I would wait until after the dog has recovered as he will need complete rest with a serious injury like that.

Hope your dog is ok

However - I would still enquire & explain your circumstances - then at least they will have your details at the rescue.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
22-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #14

Hi and welcome to catpages. So sorry to hear about your cat. She was a good age, but never easy to say goodbye and they alwys leave a big hole in our lives.

I have been a volunteer at our local animal rescue for the last 5 years and look after the catteries. We will always try and match a cat to peoples circumstances and there are always many elderly cats in need of a good home. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #15

Happy Christmas Logoes!! I hope all goes well with your dog's leg op..

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
23-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #16

Thanks for even more advice - not to worry about the old dog and cats, he is 10 1`/2 yrs old, a rescue which had been appallingly neglected, we had only had him three months and our bitch was beginning to bring Harry to life when I found a lump which proved to be cancer of the lymph glands, also found out he has an enlarged heart and gets bronchitis too - in fact a walking disaster. The vet gave him 6 months to live after he had his operation but that was 5 1/2 years ago !! He is on steriods and heart medication so an operation on his knee is out of the question, he just has to lead a quiet life, and he and the cat (name of Melba) lived a peaceful life together, I've no doubt that he will be fine with another cat providing he gets all his usual fussing - Once again, Thanks for your interest Logoes

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
23-12-2005, 09:29 PM   #17

Oh, should have said we no longer have the bitch - had to have her pts 2 years ago - now she would have been a problem with a new cat !!!! Logoes