Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
03-02-2024, 09:07 AM   #1

Cooler Saturday.

Good morning ladies,
Saturday just after 8pm here and it's been a much cooler day here, after all the heat we've been having lately It's even been raining a little at times throughout the day and it's meant to rain again overnight. Unfortunately I heard that it's going to be at least 30 degrees tomorrow and there's high temperatures forecast for all of next week. I've got both Janna and Oren here tonight. Janna took on an extra shift yesterday and isn't working tonight and Oren arrived here yesterday. He and Janna have been playing swingball outside in the rain this morning and working on a big jigsaw all afternoon. Pizza for tea tonight, and no ,I didn't make it. Janna and Oren picked it up from Hell Pizza.

I saw my psychiatrist yesterday and he changed around some of my medications, as I've been feeling very very tired. I see my therapist on Monday again, and I am finally beginning to make sense of a few things. They are both very gentle with me and I no longer feel nervous seeing them, which is good.

Last week, the Foo Fighters were playing at the arena not far from here, and we could hear them very clearly. Janna and I and Tim ,who lives next door sat outside with a glass of grape juice and listened to their whole concert. They're not really my thing ,but Janna enjoyed them. I much prefer listening to Creed, but each to his own.

Tonight ,Oren and I are going to watch Tess of the D'Urbervilles on DVD. I read him the book, and we both really enjoyed it. Tomorrow night, we might begin Lord of the Flies, as Oren would like me to read that to .him. He's staying here until Wednesday, so we'll probably get to finish it, and perhaps watch the movie on netflix. I remember I used to love that book when I was at high school.

PAMELA, I'm so pleased to see you posting again, my friend. Yes, I agree, it is the little things we miss the most about our pets when they leave us. There will be so many reminders around your home of Harris. Just let the reminders come ,Pamela . Don't try and block them out.Your boy will always be a part of your family. Poor Robyn must miss her morning playtime with him, and I bet Mia and Skye are also missing him. I'm glad you have his collar to keep close to you and he will be back with you next week. It's good that you are in Birmingham next week. I'm sure you'll have a good time, and it will be good to get away for a while. That was a good idea to cancel Robyn's vet appointment until you get back. You certainly couldn't leave her on her own after that surgery. Strange that the vets got their wires crossed over the appointment though. That was careless of them, and I'm glad that you emailed them. Safe traveling to Birmingham, Pamela and I hope you get some decent weather.

SHELLEY,I do hope that you and your dad are doing OK, and things are slowly improving for you both, Shelley. I guess that you will have some doll fairs coming up and I hope you enjoy them and just maybe find a few bargains. I'm sure you're spending some time with your dad as well and I guess his two good friends will be supporting him as well. We are continuing our prayers every day for you, your dad ,and Pamela.

Well ladies, I'm off now to watch Tess .Oren has been jumping up and down like a kangaroo for the past few minutes., waving the DVD under my nose, so can't keep the little guy waiting any longer.

Have a great Saturday Pamela and Shelley, and be kind to yourselves, please.