Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
16-01-2024, 10:49 AM   #1

Cooler Tuesday.

Good morning ladies,
Tuesday evening ,9:48pm here tonight and it's been a reasonably warm day ,but not too hot. Yesterday it even rained for the first time in ages and I went out and stood in it. !!! Today the rain stopped but the temperature only got to around 20 degrees, so i decided to do a big grocery shop down at the supermarket. I bought heaps of stuff that I needed and had a vegetarian subway for tea, which was yummy. I managed to walk to the mall but my knees were aching when I got there, so i caught the bus back. I still haven't got a surgery date yet, but my doctor told me that the surgeon whom I saw is very ill and has had to cancel all his appointments until April. Not sure what's wrong with him but was told he has "serious health problems". Of all the orthopedic surgeons in Christchurch, it's just my luck to get one who's not well.

I was so pleased today because I saw that bird-eating cat from across the back fence. He was sitting on the back lawn when I got back from the mall, but ran off when he saw me. At least I know he's not in the garage anymore.

I've got new neighbours next door - they are renting the house where Elliot used to live. . Seem to be a nice Indian couple with a sweet wee fluffy dog. My cats know there's a dog there and keep sniffing around the fence and that starts the dog barking.

Anne, the neighbour across the back fence who told me to stop feeding the birds, seems to be angry that i am am now feeding a couple of big sea-gulls as well.(Salty and his crew). They come for the bird feeder that I put out and tear great big chunks out of it. They're beautiful birds but unfortunately they perch on the back fence and Anne can see them. She keeps banging on the windows to scare them away, but they always return. I know I'm horrible, but i really think she's being ridiculous, as they aren't on her property, only mine. i just don't want to find another nasty letter in my letterbox again.

Tomorrow, I'm going to do a couple of loads of washing that I didn't do today. Brenna and family come home tomorrow, but Janna might stay out there with them until the weekend. She's not working until next week, so she may as well spend some time with her sister.

PAMELA,, sorry you're getting such chilly weather. Yes, I will gladly send some of our heat over to you and in return, please send me some of your cold weather. It's going to reach around 33 degrees here on friday and saturday and I'm not looking forward to that at all. I'm pleased that Steven is finally getting over that cold and that his neck is improving. Did he see his doctor after the accident? I bet Robyn was a bit wild at training the other day. She must have enjoyed all the smells. It would have been great to see her in action. I hope you're pleased with your new hair cut. I don't know when you'll ever find the time to make snuffle mats now ,Pamela, what with the training you do with Robyn and Mia. I still have Willow's beautiful mat by her ashes. She loved going through it looking for cut up treats., but once she found all the treats ,she wanted to chew the mat and I had to take it off her. She was a terrible chewer.

SHELLEY, I've been wondering how Reuben is, after his vet visit yesterday. Oh I do so hope that there was some good news. and that his liver disease can be treated gently. At least he is eating a bit and has a bit more energy - that's got to be a positive sign. We're all praying hard here for him and your dad and he is surrounded with healing thoughts. It's funny you say that your pastor isn't a dog person. I've known a lot of religious people - priests, nuns etc) and I found that the majority of those in religious orders are not animal lovers at all. In fact, they don't seem to have any empathy at all for animals. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but that's what I've found. I'm sorry your father has had a problem with glue ear. Brenna sees a lot of children (mainly) with the same problem. Thank goodness it's resolving itself and he can hear better now. Hope your work is going OK ,Shelley and that you are now used to your new premises. It won't be long until you move back into your original building again.

Well ladies, I'm off now to see what's on TV tonight. I got a couple of library books out from the library while i was out today, so I can always start one--------------except they are all thrillers and I'm on my own ,so maybe not such a good idea. Sorry about all the grammar mistakes -----------I can't go back and correct anything as I'll lose the whole post.

Have a fantastic Tuesday Pamela and Shelley.