Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-01-2024, 10:11 AM   #1

Friday

Hello friends.
Its been a busy roller coaster week, particularly with Reuben.
He's only been eating a tiny bit of food every other day and not doing well.
Dad took him to the vets Wednesday evening sort of thinking he wouldn't be coming home.
However the vet has decided to put him on a higher dose of the appetite stimulant after my dad told him he'd accidentally overdosed him on the first day and it caused Reuben to immediately eat.
When i spoke to dad yesterday, he said he was doing ok and again eating as soon as he's medicated.
Dads to take him to the vet again in monday.
My dad has of course been struggking with it but has 2 good friends who went to the vets with him.
At 17 years we all realise that Reuben wont go on forever but life is precious and uf he can have longer, thats what we want for him.
Thank you both for your good wishes and dinky for your prayers, believe me I've been praying hard.
Malaika and Kwame have pkayed a little with their toys, lol.
Kwame chases the ball when its thrown and actually brought it to me a few times, nit typical Basenji behaviour, whilst he was doing this Malaika had a go at pluckung fur of the toy pheasant.
Gosh Pamela, what an eventful week, I'm so glad Steven is ok, what a horrible thing to happen.
Good luck with your interview next week.
Theres no way you could do canicross with a Basenji as they have a trick if crossing in front of you, lol.
Dinky, sounds as if you have been busy pet sitting, I'd have been in that pool every day.
Im glad Oren managed to go with his family.
Soynds as if your therapy regime is working, thats brilliant.