Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
11-01-2024, 01:07 AM   #1

Boiling hot Thursday.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
I've just arrived back from Brenna's ,where I've been staying for the past week while they are in Fiji. (Oren as well). Unfortunately they had left it too late to book Stanley and Fiasco into a boarding kennel and cattery together, so I said I'd stay out there with them. Janna is staying out there now until they come back next week and I'm finally home with my own kitties, whom ,I must say, I missed terribly. Stanley's a lovely boy but very excitable and in your face all the time and I'm not used to a dog like that. He slept with me every night and talk about snoring !!!

It's been very very hot here over the last week and today it's around 31 degrees at the moment. There's a heat alert out for Christchurch today, so me and the cats are staying indoors and doing as little as possible. Janna will enjoy being at Brenna's and going into the pool, but I'm glad to be home again. I like my own bed. I've been thinking of you both, but couldn't use Jared's computer and I don't have a laptop or mobile. any more., so was sort of living like a hermit for a while. Now back in the land of the living, thank goodness.

Anyway, I want to wish both of you a wonderful, magical and peaceful 2024. Sorry it's a bit belated, but better late than never. It sounds as if you both had a lovely new year and enjoyed yourselves. I was out at Brenna's on new years eve and we all had a nice meal together. Oren was OK and he let me go home again without him, but he was very anxious before they left for Fiji and Jared had to carry him onto the plane while he was crying. He has calmed down and is enjoying swimming and the kids programme at the resort where they are staying, but still has his moments. I'm pleased that he actually went with his mum and dad and I hope that he enjoys the rest of his time there. I know they are planning to go back there in April again.

Pippa, my sister's new cat, is still not settling down and remains very nervous. She's using a Feliway spray and diffuser but it's not having much effect. Mary is afraid that she's going to dash out the door and she'll never catch her. The vet thinks that Pippa is around 3 years old. I haven't been down to see her yet, as I don't want to freak her out .

I've missed you both and I have been wondering how you were getting on. I'm just pleased that I have now caught up with all your news and know that you are both OK. I am feeling a lot more relaxed now, and still seeing my new therapist once a week - in fact, I am seeing him tomorrow. The medication I'm on makes me drowsy but if it's helping, I can live with that.

PAMELA,, that cake you had at xmas sounds delicious. It's nice to have something special on special days. I can't believe that Harris is nearly 13. Gosh, I know he was so sick when he was younger and you must have been so worried about him Now look at him !!! I'm glad he still has his crazy moments. Poor Steven ,still suffering from his cold. Yes I agree, he probably should go to a doctor, but you know what men can be like. I hope he had a super birthday and was well enough to enjoy it AND happy Birthday to young Robyn as well, turning 3. I hope she ripped her toy to shreds in record time !!! I know what you mean when you say it's good to get back to some sense of normality after the disruption of the holiday period. Yeah, familiar routines are comforting. I'm so looking forward to curling up in my own bed with Snoddy tonight. Canicross with Robyn sounds great and you'll be back in your element again, Pamela, with the running. It will also be so good for Robyn. I'm glad that you're still doing the man trailing with Mia though.

SHELLEY, Happy Birthday to both Kwaime and Malaika. I hope they each had a wonderful day and enjoyed their new toys. I didn't realise that Basenjis didn't really play much. At least their toys will last for ages then. There's a young basenji had visits the people across the road quite often, but it's never on a lead and their gates are always open, so the dog stands on the pavement. I remember what you said about Basenjis not being good with traffic and it worries me. It seems to be a nice dog and I'd hate for it to go on the road, but so far, I've never seen it do so. It sounds as if you and your family had a wonderful new year celebration as well. BUT now for the sad news about Reuben. I'm so very sorry that Reuben is not well with a liver infection, Shelley. Reuben has been a huge part of your family for so long and your poor dad must be frantic with worry. I do so hope that your lovely dog regains his strength and starts eating again. I often think of Reuben and I am praying hard for him. I will also contact the members of my church prayer group and they will pray for his recovery as well. It's such a horrible time when one of our pets is ill and I know how your dad must be feeling. Please give him my love and let him know that we are thinking of him.

Well ladies, it's getting hotter by the minute so I'm going to turn the aircon on. and do a jigsaw in the lounge. Cats are all lying on the Kool mat.
Have a fantastic Thursday, Pamela and Shelley. Boy, I really really really have missed chatting to you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-01-2024, 08:15 PM   #2

Re: Boiling hot Thursday.

Hi Dinky,

So nice to see you back!! missed you!! Glad you had a nice time at Brennas. That was good of you to stay and look after Stanley and Fiasco for them whilst they are away. I hope Janna is ok staying there too. You will be glad to be home and see your kitties. I am soo pleased to hear Oren seems to be enjoying himself. I think its your positive influence on him that has helped.

Sorry to hear Pippa isnt settling. HAs she maybe been feral at some point which may be making her unsettled? I do hope she realises she is in a good home soon.

I have had an interesting week!! Monday was birthday day for Steven and Robyn and Stevens was memorable to say the least!! He took my car to work and phoned me when he was heading home to say he had a bump!! An articulated lorry ran into the back of him when he was stationary but thankfully at about 10/15mph. Steven is ok, but of a sore neck and very little damage to the car that i can see but it does need a new bumped. Its going to the garage next week. The other insurance will be paying for it thankfully.

I also have an interview next week for a secondment at work for a very similar job but in a different area. It was my nieces birthday yesterday so i popped into see her on my way home from my friends house as my friend had a baby in Sept and i havent had a chance to see her so took a half day from work to make the effort!

We bought one of the ninja air-fryers at the weekend and its really good.

I also got a home for a wee dachshund that my dads friends ex wife was having to rehome. My dog walker is going to take her. She had a meet up with her staffy boy and princess today and it went well so she picks her up tomorrow. I will be able to update my dad so he can let his friend know how princess is doing.

Shelley, how is Reuben doing? Ive been thinking about him and hoping he is getting better. How is your dad? Are you back at work after new year? How is it going?

Have a lovely evening ladies and take car in the heat and the cold here!!