Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
17-11-2023, 08:09 PM   #1

chilly friday daily

Good evening Ladies,

its chilly here tonight. Finished work at 4pm and then Steven picked me up to go pick up some dinner which wasnt very nice Not to worry got munchies in Was trailing on Wednesday and took Mia with me and she was great. So different to Robyn which is nice. My friend and i were hiding for a dog and we decided we were hungry so we went to the chippy beside us and got some chips, i got chips and cheese. Was delicious and warmed us up whilst we were hiding in a bus stop!

Mantrailing is the dogs taking a scent from something like a sock or a buff or even a bicycle seat and then having to find the person it belongs to. Mia does easier trails because she is new to it and older than the other dogs that do it. Robyn gets quite tricky trails because she is experienced

Got Robyns training tomorrow which is going well now. Had a 121 with the instructor last week and it really has helped. Robyn is exceptionally strong on the lead for a small dog and can easily pull me and has pulled me off my feet a couple of times. They have shown me how to walk her on a slip collar. Not one of the metal ones, just a normal slip collar and i can walk her so much easier now. Walking both girls at lunchtime on my own is now enjoyable!!

We have our Brittany meet up on Sunday which i'am looking forward to. Will give my girls a chance to stretch their legs as well as it is in a secure field.

Dinky sounds like you had a lovely weekend with the children. DO you have them again this weekend? Is it still very warm over there? feel free to send some heat here!! How is your hand after Freddie bit you? I do hope the infection has settled down and it is healing. Also glad you are enjoying your series the Fall!

Shelley, glad to hear you had a lovely time in Surrey with yoru friends. The long shadow sounds good, may have a look for it. I like the real life documentaries like that. Did you buy anything at the antiques fayre? I have a 2 point harness for Robyn but she pulls harder through it!! The slip collar seems to be working and actually made walking her easier and more enjoyable. I still use her harness for trailing or the occasional walk with her long line to let her get freedom to run about as she still needs to burn energy. I also cant correct her for pulling as i want her pull on her harness so its hard to get the balance right.

Hope you have a lovely weekend ladies