Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #1

Orlando (Part 2)

Universal Studios/Hollywood Studios

On the road to Universal Studios....

This is a theme park that lets visitors "Ride the Movies." The themes of Universal Studio's are targeted at making guests feel like they are in a movie set with rides that are inspired by popular films.

Katie and Jamie stood against a wall which creates the illusion of San Francisco using forced perspective techniques.....

Photo shoot with Mary Poppins and Bert....

Posing at the entrance to the Jaws ride .....

We managed to beat the crowds to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and it was brilliant! We went the towering Hogwarts castle gates and explored the familiar classrooms, passageways and corridors then took the Simulator ride which soared above the castle grounds with Harry Potter and his friends on a thrilling adventure and coming face to face with magical creatures.
This amazing new attraction uses groundbreaking technology (and a little magic) to create a one of a kind ride experience. That must be the scariest ride I have ever been on!

Hogwarts ....

The streets of Hogsmeade .....

Epcot

Epcot Theme Park Icon - Spaceship Earth

We spent a day here, the theme park is divided into Future World and World Showcase.

Future World includes one of the fastest attractions in all the Disney Parks, as well as inspiring entertainment and show, all of which focus on technological advancements, innovation and wonder. Here, ideas become reality.

The Living with the Land ride is a boat ride through amazing greenhouses and a fish farm. It showcases ideas about the future of agriculture. All the plants in this section are grown through various methods of hydroponics. Plants are grown in sand, perlite, coconut coir and rockwool.
In one section most of the plants are grown via Aeroponics in which a fine mist of water and nutrients is sprayed directly onto the roots of the plants. The roots dangle in the air and are not in contact with any growing medium.

Sprout trees....

Cucumbers....

Water Melons .....

Giant Lemons ....

Many of the veg and fruit here are used in the Park's restaurants.

The World Showcase is a collection of pavilions that wrap around the World Showcase Lagoon. Inside the pavilions there are shops, attractions and restaurants that represent the culture and cuisine of 11 countries - Mexico. Norway, China, Germany, Italy, USA, Japan, Morocco, France UK and Canada. Needless to say that the UK is represented by thatched cottages and the English pub!

Final part shortly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #2

Re: Orlando (Part 2)

I am SO, SO jealous you go to visit the Harry Potter area!!! Looks wonderful

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #3

Harry Potter looks amazing. Would love to have seen the plant area, sounds quite interesting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-09-2010, 01:59 AM   #4

That's amazing about the plants! Never read the Potter books but the reproductions look very like what you imagine they'd be. The grandkids must have loved it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #5

So excited now! I'm going to Universal Studios next January, especially to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!
Staying at the Portofino Hotel in the resort. Never been to Florida before, I'm like a big Kid....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #6

How wonderful - I would love the Harry Potter and the plant area. I thought the Eden Project was completely brilliant. No chance of going to Florida although ..... PP - could I carry your suitcases????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
07-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #7

I too am very jealous that you saw the Harry Potter area!! Love the plant area too - looks fascinating!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #8

What a great time you all must have had and some lovely pics of your Grand children.