Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #1

We're home

Arrived home about 3.00pm, good journey, took us approx 5 1/2 hours excluding a couple of small stops.
Bit flat but it's great to see Tom and Jerry again, they have been fine and Tom has taken his tablets everyday .
They were very pleased to see us and have been sat beside us purring.
Whilst in Scotland we went up two mountains, rode in a mountain gondolier, walked on the beach, in the forests and went to a fun Dog show. Malaika won four rosettes.
Also met up with a friend from another forum, she brought her Basenji Pup to play, Belle and Malaika were both born on new years eve.
Have plenty of pics to bore you with and will put a few on over the next few days.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
28-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #2

Re: We're home

Awww! Tom and Jerry are obviously very pleased you're home! Looking forward to seeing your holiday pics.
and wow! well done Malaika go on show us your rosettes!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #3

Sounds like a good holiday! But there's no place like home; glad T & J are well and happy to see you. Pics... yes!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #4

Welcome home Shelley. I look forward to the photos. Well done Malaika. Glad Tom and Jerry have welcomed you home with open paws, mine always used to give me the cold shoulder for a while, as if to say "and where do you think you've been?", then curiosity would get the better of them and they'd come for a sniff and a rub. Not Kizzy or Pip though, as we've never left them ....... YET!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #5

Glad you enjoyed yourself you sound relaxed if that is possible.
Pleased the tablet taking went well, in your absence.

A rosette eh? Good girl Malika, can this may sound odd but just popped into my head do Basenji's play differently with other Basenji's than they do with other dogs?

Catsey Veteran

29-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Glad you enjoyed yourself you sound relaxed if that is possible.
Pleased the tablet taking went well, in your absence.

A rosette eh? Good girl Malika, can this may sound odd but just popped into my head do Basenji's play differently with other Basenji's than they do with other dogs?
Basenjis like to play rough, Kazz and use their teeth. Some are very vocal too whilst playing.
It could be tricky on the beach to know when to let her off as , she spots another dog a mile off and will run to them.This can be a problem if the other dog isn't friendly so we try to get her back on lead before she spots them.
The best scenario is when we know there is a dog that wants to play and the owner is agreable too.
This is why i like to take her to the park to meet up with the gang. There's a lot to be said for play dates, even though the name sounds daft

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #7

No I totaly agree play dates are a fantastic idea.

Staffords play rough too but I find oly with other Staffords and thats a risk the best was watching Sal play with Tess as she grew their games were noisy with a capital N and Growly...sounded like they were killing each other ask Moli Staffs play rough. But since we lost Tess Sal does not really play she didn;t before so I wonder if it was having a built in playmate 24/7 that encouraged her although I must admit I did not let play with other dogs once she got out of puppy hood as of course the Stafford public persona was/is "fighting dogs" so I discouraged her really. Now she could not care less, about other dogs a perfect way for a Staff really - but they are more people/dogs than dog/dogs. Hence why I will stay to one dog at a time in future. Although Sal plays nicely with pups, and is good with nervous dogs maybe because she is confident but not bolshy.

So sounds like Basenji's are similar, but the chasing towards other dogs will ease I imagine as she gets older.

See we have dogs that make us aware of our surroundings and think, a friend of mine has a GSD he is about 15 months now and to me he is literaly a robot in the nicest sense of the word they are bred to be obedient.

Catsey Veteran

29-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #8

Kazz, i know what you mean about Staffords having a bad name and it's such a shame. It's when they get into the wrong hands that problems arise.There was one in Malaika's puppy class and he is a cracking Dog being brought up properly.
Basenjis certainly couldn't be described as Robots. I read on a website that if they were high school kids they wouldn't be the academics who swotted for exams, thay would be the kids that stole the exam papers and sold them behind the bike sheds for cigarette money. This sums them up perfectly.