Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #1

UK map

As Eileen posted earlier that she didn't always know where we were on the map of UK, thought this would help

If you can't find a town, just shout and someone will guide you to the approximate area

Main cities and towns

Counties

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
18-11-2009, 12:00 AM   #2

Re: UK map

What a good idea, I live near Wolverhampton & work near Coventry & I've just been across the water to Dublin & Cork.

Global Moderator

18-11-2009, 12:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
What a good idea, I live near Wolverhampton & work near Coventry & I've just been across the water to Dublin & Cork.
Well done Smudgley, it just like a geography lesson isn't it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-11-2009, 12:05 AM   #4

Oh yes, Eileen - I remember the card I sent you about Bosham and King Canute. That's about 5 miles away. On Mags' map I live sort of half way between Portsmouth and the little pink sticky out bit to the right of the Isle of Wight, which is Selsey Bill. There are many harbours and estuaries along that bit of coast and Bosham and Chichester Harbours are there. Presumably King Canute stood on Bosham Hoe and told the sea to go back. He did this to prove to his servants that he was not omnipotent and not as some stories go because he thought he was!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-11-2009, 02:57 AM   #5

Mags, what a neat idea, and how thoughtful of you! I'm pretty much OK on big cities, what I'm vague on is the shires: Yorkshire, Hampshire, Shropshire ... if you gave me a map and a pointer I'd flunk the test!

Smudgley, didn't know you were near Coventry ... know that's where Luke is. Somehow I thought you were further North, have no idea where I got that impression.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #6

I live just south of Reading and take the dog to the beach near to where Angie lives (but I've never met her!)

Originally OH and I hail from near Durham in the NE of England and we went to university at Newcastle upon Tyne.

Global Moderator

18-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Mags, what a neat idea, and how thoughtful of you! I'm pretty much OK on big cities, what I'm vague on is the shires: Yorkshire, Hampshire, Shropshire ... if you gave me a map and a pointer I'd flunk the test!

Smudgley, didn't know you were near Coventry ... know that's where Luke is. Somehow I thought you were further North, have no idea where I got that impression.
I've added a counties (shires) map, hopefully that will make it easier

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
I live just south of Reading and take the dog to the beach near to where Angie lives (but I've never met her!)
You'd be most welcome to pop in for a cup of tea MrsH!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #9

Thanks for the shires map, most helpful. Some of you aren't where I thought you were, or I should say where you are isn't where I thought it was! Odd how you get an idea in your head. Anyhow, will have fun mentally locating everyone now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
18-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #10

I'm in Yorkshire, about halfway between Hull and York