Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
13-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #1

Our car

The man who rear ended us hasnt been in touch. We had to get it jumped start by a recovery last night and it worked but now the battery is flat asgain. I phoned the insurance company up and they are going to tow it too there garage to see if can be repaired at all. We think it is going to be scrapped. So we will lose our no claims and insurance will rocket. Once we have the recept for our excess they will be able to go through his insurance solitors. It was only a little run around and wasnt new but i was ours. The police cant help us and said it had to go through our insurance. This is what i get all you have too do is give them the reg plate of your car your not obliged to do anything else you only do this if somebody is injured. My neck is now realy hurting me but there's nothing that they will do about it. I am realy p****d of about it. This as set us back months now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #2

Re: Our car

Sigh. Insurance is fine: until you make a claim!! So sorry this happened and apparently there's really no help...

Catsey Veteran

13-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #3

Yout right on that. We are going to loose about £250($450) life sucks sorry just feeling rotten today

Catsey Veteran

13-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #4

Just what you didn't need! Go watch the wee kittens, won't help but might cheer you up a bit ........

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
13-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #5

So sorry Jane to hear this rotten news - life sucks sometimes - it certainly is not fair! Just try and relax - maybe things wont be quite so bleak in a few days time? All good wishes Jan x

Catsey Veteran

13-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #6

Thanks i am sitting watching the darlings who have just discovered they canclimb out of ther box

Catsey Veteran

14-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #7

They came too picl up the car today. They decided even before they spoke to us that they would scrap it. The accident had pushed the chassie back which would have brole. It also did something to the fuel pump as well. They took photo's and e-mailung them to the insurance company when they get back. Then insurance company then will make me an offer on the car the book price what ever that is minus my excess of £250. I could come out with owing them money. I am getting so bloody annoyed now nobody will help us get the drivers details at all. I dont know what else to do.

Catsey Veteran

14-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #8

That's awful! I don't drive and of course our laws here are different, but I believe when there's an accident the persona are obliged to exchange insurance information with each other. I would think your insurance company would want to find the other drivers company so THEY would have to pay....