Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #1

Crete

Well, we had a lovely time, good weather - not a cloud to be seen for the first 4 days and a little cloudy towards the end of the week; spectacular thunderstorm/downpour Sunday night and our departure yesterday accompanied by thunder too! The journeys were 'good' - nice times of day etc, but the additional security procedures associated with air travel, added to the general happy chaos of Greek airports anyway make it a little tiresome.

Sissi is a lovely little resort. Nothing there except the tiny harbour, large selection of wonderful taverna/restaurants, no fast food, no ruins (see later), no 18-30, etc etc. Visitors are about 45/45% Brits/German, with a smattering of French and a few miscellanous.

Enough prattle - pictures!

Sissi harbour

The view from our favourite 'sundowner' ouzo spot

The only pic I managed of a Sissi cat. There were not too many and they all looked very well - some even looked plump! No sign of runny eyes or noses and no scraggy nursing mums. They all had an oriental look, some looked about 80% Siamese shape. This one is basking on a rock on the seashore! Taken from sort of above, so he looks as though he's about to topple backwards but he was quite happy.

It was a little cloudy on Sunday so we went for a walk around the coast/headland. Two and a half hours later we found this wonderful roadside taverna and had 'beans soup' for our lunch! The place was throbbing with locals and vistors.

On the way back (by road/track rather than cliff top) we passed the Malia archaological site. It is very large, so must be quite significant. Didn't go in (it was hot by that stage, so we wanted to head back) so no pics. So, that was Sunday - a four hour walk and a plate of beans soup!

This is the view from our terrace - not bad, eh?

and this is the bed with roses, bouganvilla and bananas growing outside our front door!

And a couple of Greek sunsets to finish.

............ and in case you wondered - yes, I did enjoy it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #2

Re: Crete

Simply divine!!! What a beautiful place.

You n hubby both look so relaxed - great pictures and I'm delighted you had a wonderful time But I'm not sure if I would walk for 4 hours for a plate of beans.

*wanders off musing over the fact they must've been excellent beans

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
11-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #3

Lovely pics H-i'm very envious, its just grey n rain here!
Looks as if it was a very nice holiday-yes?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
11-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #4

Welcome back.....

So glad you had a wonderful time, just looking at those lovely pics makes me want to go to Greece again.

The cat in the pic, looks exactly like the one I get visiting my garden, x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #5

Glad you enjoyed your holiday DM, it looks a lovely relaxing place!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
11-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #6

Looks fantastic DM, pics are fab, so pleased you had a great time. We have been to Crete, 19 years ago when I was pregnant with Adam! I remember lots of stray, thin looking cats, so great to see the situation has obviously improved.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
11-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #7

Looks so lovely - glad you had a great time. Am soooo jealous!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-10-2006, 08:45 PM   #8

Stunning piccies, looks very pretty. Glad you enjoyed yourself and the weather was fine.