Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Sunday

Morning everyone..

We had lots of rain throughout the night, still raining first thing this morning but now the sun is starting to show its face...

The leaves have started to fall from the trees in force this weekend, they are not the easiest of things to pick up when they're soaking wet either!

Spending a quiet day here so I'll probably wrap some birthday presents......I have three birthdays in the next two weeks..

Yola, I hope you're feeling better today..

DM....when is it you go away on holiday?

Have a lovely day folks!

Edited to say the short burst of sunshine has gone and the rain is back!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
05-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Sunday

Morning Mags! I've woken up to a gloriously sunny day, admittedly I slept in a little but it's lovely to wake up to bright sunshine The boys are enjoying it too, and currently snoozing in the sun.

Got my curtains y'day! And succesfully put them up last night in the living room, although OH pointed out that I needed curtain hooks to attach them to the pre-exisiting curtain rail and hoops. I didn't realise that Domestic goddess I am not! But we found some in the flat that the previous tenant had left. And I must say it made an immediate improvement to the warmth and lack of cold in the flat!

It's a day of house-work, then an afternoon coffee with a friend. Last weekend was a 4-day weekend (Glasgow September Holiday) and 2 days just seems puny in comparison!)

Have a great day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #3

It was very wet here first thing (and through the night I think) but there is a small dry interval, and even a bit of sun, just now. Can't see it lasting though Poor Bentley is a real outdoorsy boy and he doesn't much like being made to stay in. We've had a game of ping-pong ball in the bath, which helps him a bit, as he scuttles round chasing the ball like a little feline pin-ball . He's had a little outing and will go off to the garage spider hunting later, when the rain returns.
Mags - Thursday lunchtime. Can't wait!
Kazz & Yola - hope you're both feeling much perkier
Meep - mmm, warm! That's the best feeling!
OH has gone to rugby again, so a late meal for us. Chicken and trifle. I've already cooked down the giblets etc for the gravy, so there is a great smell around the house but it will make me too hungry too early!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #4

Hi Mags and meep!

Horrid weather here, grey, raining and windy - but not cold. Glad you have fine weather in Glasgow meep. Been watching bits of the Great North Run today and glad it's fine in Newcastle too for that. It would be miserable running in the weather we have down south.

So glad you've got your curtains! I chuckled about the hooks - when I made my first pair of curtains, I put the tape on the wrong way round! I am not a natural seamstress either!!!

Do hope Yola is feeling better.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #5

Good Afternoon

You know I never noticed the lack of a daily thread I could have taken my chance then and started one....oh well such is life.

Feel okay not great but okay.

Its also raining here a very dour sort of day. I was hoping to doa little in the garden planting bulbs but no chance.

Sal is sulking as I am not willing to dog walk for any distance in the rain feel a bit rough still plus now hacking well with this cough However may get out in a bit. We have been out twice but notfor long to get an appitite mostly for me.

Trying to make my mind up on going and buying a computer....or laptop not sure but may get out there.

Have a good Sunday afternoon everyone its one of those days where a nice walk would have set me up for the afternoon.............walk,dinner and wam toes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #6

Meep where did you get your curtains from? what colour come on spill the beans.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #7

So sorry dinahsmum! You got your post in while I was composing mine!

And Kazz - sorry your still coughing - take care. Dinner and warm toes sound soothing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #8

Afternoon all. Sorry to hear you are not feeling good Kazz xxx I hope every one else is feeling better today.
Its a glorious washing day today, so thats what i have been doing. Clear blue skies and very windy.
Too windy for Eva to decide whether she wants out or in The doors have been open and **** so many times already Bernie went out, ran round the garden meowing at the top of his voice, Graham called him and he came screeming up stairs for a warm cuddle
Anyway, off to put out another load.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #9

Why the asterix in my last post? I said open and shut!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Why the asterix in my last post? I said open and shut!!!
You didn't make a spelling mistake with the 3rd letter by any chance, Elaine?