Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #1

Very Wet Thursday!

It's chucking it down here - and after yesterday! We can't get two dry days together atm. My gardener phoned and said he wouldn't be coming this morning, poor chap would have got waterlogged. The water table is so high, at least we shouldn't get hit with hosepipe bans this Summer.

Excitement here as we are going to pick up our new car this afternoon. So if there are floods, we can cope, if it snows again, we will still be able to go out. After years of yelling at them, OH has relented and we're getting a 4X4. Sign of the finger post to HM Govt - Ya Boo to you. We are thinking self preservation in this instance, not saving your ruddy skins. Sorry, I have no respect for politicians of any ilk. Feel quite rebellious. I'll post a picture of said vehicle when we get a dry snap.

I want to give a great big hug to Elaine this morning.

And another to Kazz

and thoughts to anyone else who is feeling under the weather or is caring for other people or cats who are not well.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #2

Re: Very Wet Thursday!

Hope all goes well with the new car today, don't blame you at all for getting a 4x4 after the snow we've had. You're not going to get stranded at home next year!

The rain has only recently stopped here, so now I can go out and walk to the post office to get a parcel sent off, hope there aren't queues. I'm getting more impatient the older I get!

Hoope the poorly people soon feel better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #3

Well another day another boredom to overcome.

I am not keen on this not being well..I enjoyed the quiz last night even though I was sabotaged by a phone call half way through....set up by Smudgley I think But very enjoyable evening...will try to go to more.

BT Home Hub has arrived and I am in the midst of setting it up...giving me something to do.

Feel OK which is very good ain't it. Seems I have some results, will post in health.

Angie can't wait to see a picture of the new car. And mayne you should go for a water garden.....

Mrs H I have to go to the post office to so lets think positive no queue thoughts.

Elaine thinking of you today.

Have a good day all I intend to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #4

Hi! Things definitely looking up here: it's above freezing : 3, (37 F), although still way below normal, the sun is shining brightly and best of all the bus service has been restored so I can get out !!! My friend gave me a ride to the liquor store and to the library, and they waived the late fee for my overdue book because of the abnormal circumstances - snowed in for days!! How nice. And my grocery delivery is due this afternoon. All in all, a nice day!

Exciting about the 4 x4, Angie, pics, please? Kazz, good to see you at the quiz last night, come again! Hope there's no queue for anyone today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #5

Big hugs to Elaine today, who I'm sure will need them.

What 4X4 did you get Angie? I took my new one out for a spin up to my Mum's today. It drives like a dog in slow traffic but is surprisingly nippy and stable at motorway speeds.

Back home now - the boys are arguing whilst watching Indiana Jones upstairs and I have to do more editing. Oh what an exciting life I lead

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
18-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #6

Hi guys. It's me and K's four year anniversary today. He's requested a burger and fries since he detests the hospital's food, LOL.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #7

Happy 4 year anniversary Tink and K!

Hope you enjoyed burger and fries - both of you?

I am really chuffed at the news that K is doing so well. ((((HUGS)))) to you both on this special day.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
18-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #8

Happy anniversary!!! x
Hope you enjoyed your burger and fries xD
It was snowing here today we thought it was going to stick but thankfully it didn't