Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
20-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #51

Re: Wet or Dry???

HEre is just the bit about veggies - will post the full list of both good and bad foods in a separate thread. HAve to say I have had a female who loved any kind of potato, and a cat that tried to pinch one of my onion rings (he didn't get much though, I wouldn't let him!!)

Potatoes, Peas, Cabbage or Corn (Vegetables in general) - allergen or dangerous, lack of digestible nutrients.

Carrots - the vitamin A isn't going to help your cat any because he can't convert it properly.

Onions - dangerous because it can cause Heinz-body hemolytic anemia. Onion is also found in baby food and it is often added to enhance the flavor of many foods, so be sure to read the label.

Catsey Junior

06-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #52

Re: Wet or Dry???

When I first got my cats 9 years ago, I bought a book called 'The New Natural Cat - A complete guide for caring owners' by Anitra Frazier. She was dead-against dry food, preferred raw but gave advice on choosing the best commercial tinned brands.

My two never fussed about raw done Anitra Frazier's way, but would eat a good quality tinned food (Denes), well until they changed the formula. They adore dry but it always gave them cystitis. I'm currently rethinking their diet and will look around the pet shops to see what high-quality tinned food they have around at the moment.

But I'd like to try the raw route again - there's loads more info on it today and companies that supply raw, so maybe I can find a recipe they'll actually eat . Thanks for the links everyone.