Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: NA
02-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #1

Hello!

Hello Everyone

This weekend I am moving into a flat, that comes with a a cat! Luca (the cat) was adopted by my dad a few months ago. He previously belonged to the couple who live in the flat opposite, one day whilst having an argument the husband pushed Luca out the window (from the 5th floor), apparently as a black cat Luca was unlucky and the root of all their marital problems.

Luca was taken to the vet by my dad who came across him lying on the pavement, he recovered fully apart from one eye which was removed.

My dad was unwilling to leave Luca in the rescue and asked to keep him. The neighbours and rescue agreed. Now my dad is moving out of the country, ideally he'd love to take Luca but he's so disorganised this will take months if not years to organise!

In the mean time I am more than happy to take Luca on. I'm trying to learn as much as possible in the week before I move in and I expect I'll have lots of silly questions!

Here he is

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
02-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #2

Re: Hello!

hi and welcome! glad you decided to join(im lynz on FR) theres plenty of knowledgable people on here to help!

Global Moderator

02-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #3

Hello, welcome to Catsey!

Looking forward to hearing more about Luca, how his original owners could have treated him like that is beyond me! Thank goodness your dad, and now you, have taken him on ........ he will now get the love and care he deserves.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #4

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #5

Hi and welcome! Poor Luca, not a happy start to life; glad he'll be with you now. Ask away. someone will always be along to help.

02-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynz85
hi and welcome! glad you decided to join(im lynz on FR) theres plenty of knowledgable people on here to help!
Hi I've seen you around on FR, nice to see some familiar user names!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Hello, welcome to Catsey!

Looking forward to hearing more about Luca, how his original owners could have treated him like that is beyond me! Thank goodness your dad, and now you, have taken him on ........ he will now get the love and care he deserves.
Hello and thank you, I definitely want to make him as happy as he deserves to be after such an awful start. His previous owners are beyond belief, I wouldn't believe my dad when he first told me until I saw Lucas missing eye and stitches. They are awful people.

I'm really looking forward to looking around the forum, your cats look so relaxed and happy in the pictures ^^ I look forward to posting lots of Luca similarly satisfied in the future.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #7

hey there and welcome to catsey, i cant believe how cruel peple can be!!! Atleast he has a happy home now.

I also have a black cat. Hes called Harris and so far all ive had is good luck since ive had him!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #8

Thank goodness your dad found Luca. Poor little boy. Very glad that he will have a loving home now.

Any cat related problems, just ask away!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
03-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #9

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #10

Poor, poor Luca, what an awful man, i hope the karma he deserves comes around for him.
How kind of your dad and now you to adopt him. I look foward to hearing more about him.