Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #1

Fish n Chips Friday

Good morning! I've been up since 5am, had a very restless night, so eventually decided to get up, make a cuppa and listen to the rain beating against the perspex roof of the utility room. Posh was curious but soon settled back to sleep. All very quiet here still, Ceri sound asleep, Posh shuffled off to sit in the window and watch the goings on in the street.

Had plans to take a walk around Caerphilly castle today but will see if the rain stops, better make it an undercover jaunt, Cyfartha Castle museum in Merthyr maybe?

There's a new Fish & Chip shop in town and their cod is scrummy, with light batter and nice fat chips, so that's tonight sorted.

Hope your day is dryer than mine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #2

Re: Fish n Chips Friday

Morning PP, it's a bit damp here but not actually raining at the moment. Molly's still indoors but Jason was up and about early this morning and came in while I was getting breakfast ready, Morgan was too busy scoffing his food to be bothered to say "Good Morning" to him!

I noticed that the story of the attack on Andrew Pooley's birds is covered in the Telegraph today, what a despicable thing to do to someone

Fish and chips, yummy! but I'm more of a haddock person than a cod. As a child I lived across the road from a chippy so grew up with the frying smells. Nowadays I wouldn't like it at all but as a child it just made me permanently hungry!

No special plans for today, still no news on when our new car is going to arrive, some time next week I think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #3

Morning all - wet here today. Got the day off - me and hubby and going to do some window shopping in Colchester and tonight we are off to celebrate his birthday (that was on Wednesday) by going out for a nice meal.

Have a good day everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #4

Morning all.

Day off today, no real plans as the weather is not the sort for gardening a cold wind...Really enjoying saying that though "DAY OFF" I am really enjoying being back at work.
Such a shame about the budgies but the chap seems to of the belief that the person who did it was a "bird man" too with en eye for a bird, taking his best birds....if so shame on them for ruining another mans dream.

PP. Up at 5am....butto listen to the rain I enjoy the rain...Hmm fish chips not had that for ages but not for tonight either. Not sure what actually, but may have a look for fish while out.

Enjoy you shopping Emma and happy birthday to your Hubby.

MrsH there is somethig about dogs and food that makes the rest of their world become invisible.

Anyhow the rain is looming here, gone very dark so I am off out, before it pours. See you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #5

Hi all! Gloomy and not raining yet sort of day. OH has gone off to the driving range with his mum. I have major laundry day and a bit of transcription, coupled with some more family history research - I am getting seriously obsessed! Made contact with a gentleman in The Western Front Association yesterday in the hope of him passing my details to a chap who gave a talk to his branch about a relative of mine. The chap who gave the talk is also a relative, distant but easily traceable. I am hopeful. I've found 2 brave young men, one of whom gave his life in WW1 and another in a separate branch who died in WW2. It's curious because in my immediate family - 2 uncles were fighter pilots and another a naval officer, all came home again, thankfully. I suppose it's the Anniversary and all that's been going on that's brought all the sadness of it home. Sorry, don't mean to be gloomy!

Have a good day everyone. I DO LIKE the idea of fish and chips!!! We often have home cooked, but there is nothing like shop bought.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #6

A day off here too, a Mummy and Sebi day I've dropped Dominik at school (he has an 8.20 start) and OH at work. Then off for a quick Waitrose shop and and just back home following some work at the allotment. Glut of beetroot, raspberries and tomatoes and the first cut of our own swiss chard. Planted the winter/spring greens out and had a bit of a tidy round.

Shortly we'll be off to Twyford to see Dominik play a football match 3rd day at his new school and he's been chosen for an U8's inter-school match. And this is a boy that had never played footie before this summer. To say I'm proud is an understatement

Not sure whether to have stir-fry (with above mentioned chard) or tortilla corn wraps tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #7

Hi all from unseasonably cold but sunny Washington, 18 C (64 F); a real taste of Autumn. Sweatpants and long sleeved tee, No rain here for 19 days; had to water all the pot plants on the patio, and will give the veg plot a good soaking after lunch. Leia is still basking in praise for finally getting the wretched mouse last night!

Yola, your allotment has done wonderfully well this season! And well done Domi! Glad you're enjoying your day off, Kazz. Hope the car comes soon, MrsH. Angie, nice you're enjoying your geneology research so much. Emma, hoppe it's a lovely dinner; PP, stay dry on your excursion. Homemade soup, salad and a roll here tonight.

Have a great day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #8

Haven't posted in one of these for a while lol. Been a busy week with the girls back at school. Been catching up on all the washing from our holidays in Scotland and Wales (which was superb btw).
Thinking or turning our dining room into a downstairs bedroom for myself. It would make my life a lot easier on my bad days, not having to climb the stairs all the time. but having to weigh up the pros and cons.
Well done to Domi Yola. A future England star perhaps. Mind you, he's probably better than the current squad already

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #9

Evening all,
as you can see from the time, have been very busy today. Work this morning and then looking after Malaika and her half brother. He's a real sweetheart, will miss him so much when he goes back to his breeder tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #10

Well, today I was poking around online seeing if I could dig up any info on my benefits coming in. I logged into my SS account and I think something is going to happen soon because it has my Medicare eligibility backdated two years (part A) and part B says entitlement/start day is "September 2010". I looked at my payment information and says "suspended" which I believe would be normal if they were in the process of calculating my backpayment. It even says money will be deducted for my medical insurance starting this month. Looks like they've already applied the judge's ruling in respect to my medical--This makes me think that they are definitely planning to pay me THIS month and it shouldn't be long now until I see my settlement. Fingers crossed I am right!