Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #1

feeding time with the kittens!!

I've just been sat at the fromt door for the last 10 minutes, feeding the kittens. No Stripe with them this time, just the two little ones and a little friend I've seen with them from time to time. Not sure if that one is a feral or not, but it is around the same size as them, maybe a little bit bigger. I've just fed the three of them FOUR pouches of felix and you should have seen them gulp it down . The tiniest one is the most skittish of all and she wouldn't come anywhere near me, the middle one came and had a sniff at my hand and the new one - a little tabby - let me give her a stroke!! They were so hungry bless 'em!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #2

Re: feeding time with the kittens!!

Oh how this breaks my heart I so wish each and every one of them could have their own loving lap to sit on You do a great job Alex - well done for caring x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
16-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #3

Well Done Alex, keeping an eye open for these little ones, it also breaks my heart to think they are alone (well except Alex) in this world and hungry x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-02-2007, 11:22 AM   #4

Thank you guys . I just wish I could do more for them than feed them every so often, I'm living in dread of one (or more) of them turning up pregnant soon. If that happens I've no idea what I'll do. I could put them in the playhouse for a while but that wouldn't help long term and my local branch of CPL obviously aren't going to help as I've had no response to any of my calls. Oh well, I'll face that bridge when I come to it, and until then just continue to make sure they have a nice meal when they come to my door!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #5

Ring the CPL again Alex - or ask Smudgley to give them a bit of a pep talk - or use another contact at the CPL. Or even call the RSPCA? Or dog warden (she said, clutching at straws). Even if these babies could be taken in and spayed/neutered and returned to your area to live off their wits.
Surely someone will take notice? Didn't you say you use a PDSA clinic/vet? Can they do something? Oh dear, here I am

again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
16-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #6

Alex - I've looked at the main CP site & it seems that Telford & District CP don't have a website & only have one contact number 01952 201167

The next nearest branch to you would be Shrewsbury, they have a large website & seem to be quite a pro active branch according to their site.

Why not give them a call & explain that you are desperate for some help with them & see what they say? They will probably know more about the Telford branch & may even be able to contact them for you, if they can't help you directly.

http://www.cats.org.uk/branch/shrewsbury/contact.html

If it's any help, I can get the kittens neutered for you, but they'd have to be done & put back.

Try the RSPCA - I can tell you 100 bad stories about them for every one good one BUT!... I have recently found them to be helpful with quite a few cat situations, it's got to be worth a try.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #7

Sorry Ive obviously missed alot. Alex has kittens now? Where are all these cats coming from?
Alex take that sign off your door!!! haha

Catsey Veteran

16-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #8

the PDSA main Head Office is in Priorslee! How cool is that... get down there girl!

PDSA Head Office
Whitechapel Way
Priorslee
Telford
Shropshire
TF2 9PQ
Tel: 01952 290999

Catsey Veteran

16-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Sorry Ive obviously missed alot. Alex has kittens now? Where are all these cats coming from?
Alex take that sign off your door!!! haha
it's the same ones as before, but they are bringing their little friends now too...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #10

Is there a big "cat" problem near Alex then?

What a shame. Poor babies.