Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #1

Monty caught a mouse!

Thought I'd tell the whole story as told to me by OH. This happened last Thursday evening, while I was involved with the quiz. I mentioned it to the other players at the time.

My two cats, Kizzy and Pip have been right slovenly when it comes to dispatching their rodent prey recently. They let them go in the house and sometimes we're lucky and manage to catch and evict the vole, shrew or mouse ourselves, seemingly unharmed; sometimes the poor creature takes refuge somewhere and passes away to leave a horrid smell. YUK!

Anyway, last Thursday evening, OH saw a mouse on the sitting room floor. Quick as anything, Monty had it and OH thought that was the end of things, until a short while later, he looked to see Monty sat on the sofa and the little mouse sitting there too - both looking at each other. OH got our rodent catching tin and managed to rescue said mouse, only a little damp, and take it outside. So not only did Monty take the mouse into his mouth, but also let it out again.

Bet that mouse was called Jonah

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #2

Re: Monty caught a mouse!

Angie, I wonder if there's a rodent equivalent of the Great Cat who has cast a protective spell for her children so that no one in your house will be very successful!??? That's a funny, if frustrating story.....

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #3

Oh yes, there is Eileen - The Great Mouse! I first heard about it on a TV programme. There's an English chap who has built his life and career on self sufficiency and grow it yourself sort of lifestyle (with many bells and whistles nowadays). He needed to get rid of mice in his kitchen and called in a "mouse whisperer" - this involved evoking The Great Mouse and asking her to guide her children out to the garden shed where they would be allowed to live in peace. Believe this or not, I did the same thing before our building works some years ago as we had mice in the garage and ...... it worked!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
10-07-2011, 04:25 AM   #4

In our house its called the "Great Sonic Rodent Repeller". Wish we had got one years ago

Good for Monty - his feline mentors are training him well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
10-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #5

What a fab story!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #6

As phobic of mice and rats as I am I found this tale very charming, loving the picture of Monty and the Mouse on the sofa I don't know about Jonah but Lazarus too

Catsey Veteran

10-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #7

I was very much picturing Monty as the whale, PP!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #8

Ah word has gotten round, Angie, that your place is a safehouse for mice folk