Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #1

cuddles

for those that don't know, cuddles is the littermate of tigger (who just passed). when they were 2 days old we noticed their young mother killing her litter one by one because she wasn't ready to have such an early pregnancy (she was a stray in the neighborhood). she had given birth under the kids slide and we went and rescued the remaining four that she was wanting to get rid of them.
they were SO tiny, eyes closed, needed to be fed by the bottle, stimulated to go potty, the works.
i wanted cuddles from the start, her white fur and pink little toes and face reminded me of a little bunny rabbit..my dad agreed and i won. however, my mom fell in love with tigger and declared we were keeping him too. we rehomed the others after they were properly weaned and had proper vet visits and continued our lives with tigger and cuddles. i was only eleven when this happened.
17 years pass by and cuddles has been back with me for nine months now. Since Tigger's passing which was only one day ago I still feel we have a close connection.
I just have to say I LOVE this cat and she is my little darling that i fawn over and get protective over. I have taken to start carrying her around with me wherever I can. She's like this skinny minny (hyperthyroid) teddy bear. All she wants is to be cuddled and kissed...that's it. Her affection has been really good for me right now and I feel somehow we're closer already.
Just have to say i love this little girl.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
10-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #2

Re: cuddles

thats a lovely story. she sounds adorable i love a cuddly cat. my 2 are mostly like that. they have their off days lol. but its such a nice feeling to have a cats snuggled up to u. does she sleep with u?? reggie does when hes a bit cold (i know fur coat n all that)
b4 i fell ill my 2 (and barnaby) all sat on me . they knew that i was ill b4 i did.
but u carry on enjoying your cuddles

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #3

That's lovely, Tink, Cuddles bond with you will help you get over the loss of your dear Tigger.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #4

Think we need a new picture of Cuddles, Tink! Lovely that you are still able to give each other mutual comfort.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #5

That's so touching. I'm so glad Cuddles is there for you and helping assuage the grief a bit. Bless that old sweetie!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #6

That is so lovely. Glad you have a snuggly cat to share hugs with.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
12-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #7

What a heartwarming story Tink. That goodness there are people like you in the world. I dont believe I have had the pleasure of a picture of Cuddles......Please

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
12-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie
What a heartwarming story Tink. That goodness there are people like you in the world. I dont believe I have had the pleasure of a picture of Cuddles......Please
Here ya go

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
13-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #9

The comfort you get from cats is so amazing, they are the best, always full of surprises to make you smile and love them even more.
Make sure you and Cuddles give each other lots n lots of lovin, she looks a real sweety I love the pic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #10

Oh bless, she certainly doesn't look her age!