Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
14-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #1

back trouble

I have to say my life sucks. I was doing fine with my new job and everything was going great until wednesday when I cleaned my cats litter trays and walked down the stairs. In doing that I have managed to either cause the slipped disk in my back to get worse or I have trapped a nerve. Either way I need a new MRI done and I am in agony. I have also had to be let go from the reception job because of my back problem. I might now need an operation to sort out me back. So that me for the moment.

Sally

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-09-2007, 05:47 PM   #2

Re: back trouble

My sympathy to you Sally ....... I put my back out this morning and that involved the litter tray too!

I hope you'll be feeling better soon...((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
14-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #3

I hope your back feels better soon.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #4

Oh Sally, what an awful thing to happen, hurting your back, losing the job and now facing possible surgery!! I'm so sorry; wish there were something I could do besides sending healing vibes......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
14-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #5

Poor you, I know EXACTLY how you feel! I am recovering from spinal surgery as i had a prolapsed/herniated disc in my back, the disc material had also ruptured the sciatic nerve and caused no feeling to be in my leg and foot.

May I suggest you get the MRI done privately if you can afford it and jump the NHS queue because I was quoted a 3-5mth wait, I paid private and the wait was an hour and a half! Its worth it because I understand the pain you are in, my sciatica was crippling, i never ever want to feel like that again, i hope you feel better soon.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
14-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #6

Ouch Tilly, that really sucks I hope you get to feeling a little better soon and fixed in the long term. Nothing worse than being on constant pain =/

As for the job, that sucks also Maybe you will find something that won't aggravate your back any further. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Almost a Veteran Member

14-09-2007, 11:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Poor you, I know EXACTLY how you feel! I am recovering from spinal surgery as i had a prolapsed/herniated disc in my back, the disc material had also ruptured the sciatic nerve and caused no feeling to be in my leg and foot.

May I suggest you get the MRI done privately if you can afford it and jump the NHS queue because I was quoted a 3-5mth wait, I paid private and the wait was an hour and a half! Its worth it because I understand the pain you are in, my sciatica was crippling, i never ever want to feel like that again, i hope you feel better soon.
Dawn.
I was going privatley but my doctor seems to have gasped the urgency of my problem and has put me on the urgent list ad hopefully the MRI can be done next week sometime.
BUt I am definately going private if it is ging to take much longer than a week to get the MRI done. I hope your back is OK now

Thanks for everyone kind word and healing thought they are very nice to hear in these tough times.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-09-2007, 09:50 AM   #8

Oh Sally, gentle ((hugs)) being sent by me! I really hope that they can sort you out very quickly. In the mean time, take it easy!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
15-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly
I was going privatley but my doctor seems to have gasped the urgency of my problem and has put me on the urgent list ad hopefully the MRI can be done next week sometime.
BUt I am definately going private if it is ging to take much longer than a week to get the MRI done. I hope your back is OK now

Thanks for everyone kind word and healing thought they are very nice to hear in these tough times.

Sally
I was on the urgent list too, still quoted me 3-6mths for surgery, even after paying for a private consultation and a private MRI. I hope they see you quickly.

The surgery for me took much longer due to the nerve damage, but immediatey the pain is gone! Like switching the pain switch off its brilliant, first time pain free in 4 years or so. I went in on Monday and came out Tuesday, NHS said I could be in a week, and it was the SAME surgeon who did it privately and the same guy is the consultant too!

Hope they sort you out quickly, I was signed off last Thursday and will be back at work in 2 weeks, just 8 weeks after surgery and the NHS said it could be 6 months!

Almost a Veteran Member

15-09-2007, 08:03 PM   #10

Borderdawn it sound like we have a simiiar problem and I hope they can sort me out. I could go privately but the surgeon said the op would cost 10,000 pounds and I don't have that money an I have got private health care but if it make the difference then my parents might be able to pay.
thanks for telling me your story it has given me some hope to hang on to.

sally