Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Sadly missed ginger tab
20-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #1

starting afresh, where do I even begin.........

Sometimes in life things just dont work, you can try all you want but they just dont, this also goes for me and my OH

We have tried and tried, maybe for too long now, but you cant just give up can you, not after 5yrs

But I think we have finally tried one to many times, and theres no strength left in me to carry on going

Funny, Im not in piece's, just numb, dont really know where to start, what to do, how to carry on, nothing...............
So, where do I begin, a feeling of anything would be good, but all that seems to be going through my head is why, how, nothing

help...................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #2

Re: starting afresh, where do I even begin.........

Erm, not sure, but I think it's probably important that you take care of yourself now. Be good to yourself, put yourself first - do what you want, don't do what you don't want.
I suppose you will be going through a period similar to mourning. Looking back, looking forward, trying to get everything in focus.
Good luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
20-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #3

Oh gosh Clair. I'm so sorry to hear that things haven't worked out with you and your OH.

I'm single - so not the best person to be giving advice I'm afraid, but hopefully someone else will.

I think that if you have made the decision and you know in your heart of hearts that it's the right thing to do, that everything will sort itself out for you.

It's hard to let go, but sometimes I think people stay together for the wrong reasons and out of habit, and if that's the case then it is better to go your separate ways.

Lots of love and hugs to you.
xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Sadly missed ginger tab
20-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #4

'It's hard to let go, but sometimes I think people stay together for the wrong reasons and out of habit, and if that's the case then it is better to go your separate ways.'

thats exactly it, but it doesnt hurt yet, thanx guys

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #5

I say if its not working then get out now. No point wasting your life pretending everything is ok.

Take one day at a time and start to sort of the things that will help you to separate. Five years is a fair time for a relationship, but not that long for a whole lifetime.

Hope you manage to sort out something quickly as its best to get it over and done with in one go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #6

Sorry to hear the news, never look back with regret, take a deep breath and look forward to pastures new.
As Hilary said, take time to do the things you want to do.
All the very best xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #7

So sorry to hear things haven't worked out Clair...some relationships are just not meant to be, however hard you try. As you say, staying together for the wrong reasons and out of habit, this will not bring happiness.

Give yourself time to come to terms with the separation, don't be talked into anything just yet by well meaning friends. Only you will know when the time is right for you to start rebuilding your life again.

You have friends on here, just pop in whenever you feel like it ...... even if it's just to see what is going on ........ it will help you feel back in the 'normal' world..
Take care ((((hugs)))) xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
20-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #8

Sorry to hear the sad news or is it sad news for you? maybe you are waiting to be sad but all you feel is relief from having made the right decision then guilt for feeling that?? I don't know that's the funny thing I don't think anyone knows how we would feel really unless the seperation is when we are still in love with that person.

The great advice given by others to look after yourself and take your time may help you to rediscover who you are again rather than being one half of a relationship.

take care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #9

I can't add anything to the already good advice...just take care of yourself..(((hugs)))

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
20-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #10

im so sorry to here this