Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Moggies
MumboJumbo is Male
27-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #1

Rehomed Cats Welfare Study

Hello everyone

I am currently a degree student studying Animal Science with Plymouth University. This short questionnaire is an integral part of a research project I am undertaking to assess the health and welfare conditions of stray/feral cats that have been rehomed as domestic pets. I am specifically concerned with the development of obesity in these animals.

All information provided will be regarded as anonymous and will be used solely for the purpose of the research project.

The questionnaire itself is very short, and should take no longer than a couple of minutes to complete.
Please see the scoring sheet link.

Thank you in advance to those who take the time to read this and complete the questionnaire!

The link to the questionnaire:

The link to the Body Condition Scoring Sheet:
Sourced from Pet Health Care Gazette, “Cat Body Condition Score Chart”

http://www.pet-health-care-gazette.c...n-score-chart/

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #2

Re: Rehomed Cats Welfare Study

I have two rescue cats, one is obese and we struggle with her weight, I have filled the survey in for her.
The other, also a rescue and not obese but am unable to fill in the survey for him as it doesnt allow it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
27-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #3

None of mine were strays but good luck with your research

Cats owned: Moggies
MumboJumbo is Male
27-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #4

@Elaine I've amended the questionnaire so you should be able to fill out another for your other cat
@alexgirl73 thanks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #5

I cant see the attachment (iPad) so cant fill in the last question re body condition ?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: Bengal
28-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #6

Hi

Links to surveys or questionnaires are no longer allowed. Instead please post all questions into a thread (along with possible options if there are any) then anyone wishing to fill in the questionnaire can do so in the thread easily and quickly, eg, 1A, 2C, 3A, 4B etc

This way everyone can see the questions posted but also get a chance to see the 'results'. Additionally, email harvesting can not take place.