Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
11-05-2014, 11:41 PM   #21

Re: Cats For Sale At Pets At Home

Hmmmmm. Still don't like it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
06-07-2014, 08:53 AM   #22

I've come back to this post, just to add the the biggest thing P@H could do for animal rescue, is to stop selling any animals, altogether. They offered us to be linked with them as a local charity when they opened in this area, but we refused. I do not want to take money made on the back of animals suffering. Since they opened here there is a marked increase in 6 month to year old rabbits and guinea pigs being rehomed due to 'allergies' or the kids no longer being interested. They sell substandard and horribly small housing for small animals, when being a large company they should be following welfare standards and advising people properly.
We either buy online, from our vets and from our fantastic local pet shop who sells no animals, is knowledgable in animal care and supports us in any way she can.

There was a large rabbit rescue in Horsham a few years ago, filthy conditions, rabbits ill, rabbits dead, the person was a supplier to P@H, the rodents generally come from breeding warehouses, there is no consideration as to how the adults are kept and no care as to who the babies are sold to, as long as you have money in your hands.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
06-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #23

I absolutely agree Farthing. I hate any animal being bred purely for profit. P@H don't get any of my custom and will never get it. They can use all the excuses in the world but the bottom line is they want to make money on the back of the 'pester power' of children. I still say animal welfare should be a mandatory subject in all schools from an early age.