Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Bengal
27-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #11

Re: at last

Thanks everyone, will try and get pics up but please bear with us, not very good on computer!
We have been on the boats now for over 6 years, first a narrow boat and now we have a widebeam and 2 narrow boats. Smeg was actually a rescue, I went to buy a kitten to keep my boy bengal company and she was on death row in the garden. Her and her brother had eaten first a budgie, then a very expensive macaw! So left kitten and took her home. She has always been completely mad ,steals pen, keys, lighters, jewelreley. Hides in cupboards,drawers,under the bath, falls in the canal on a regular basis, brings fish,rabbits and mice in the boat and does not shut up!! But as she is now 11 she really should be calming down soon. Oh and when we travel we have to lock her in a large dog cage or she escapes and then we have to hunt for her! Never a dull mo

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #12

Smeg sounds quite a character, I bet she has a few adventure stories she could tell!!

I hope you can master the posting of pictures as we'd love to see her..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #13

What a madcap interesting girl! Do try for pics, I'd love to see her! Can she swim; how in the world do you get her out of the water? More stories, please!!

27-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #14

Hi please bear with us am trying. Yes she can swim usually falls in whilst fishing! Has a habit of falling in at night and crawling into bed with me to let me know. Funny she never gets in my hubby's side!! She also harrases the 3 poor dogs and does squirrel impersinations, usually last thing at night in when its raining, not very helpful!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #15

Oh my goodness yours sounds like a house(boat) full of fun I would be terrified if one of mine fell in water, but then they're soft, soppy persians who would expect a life belt to be thrown right away.

Can I be cheeky and ask you to post a pic of your boat/s? Being a Piscean I kind of irrationally hanker after water so it would be lovely to see someone actually living my dream

Catsey Veteran

27-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #16

I'm alternately laughing and shuddering at the image of a sopping wet cat joining me in the bed at night!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
27-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #17

Oh, I do love the sound of your madcap cat. I agree I may not look favourably on a sopping wet cat coming in for a cuddle, but that's why we love them!!!!

Catsey Veteran

27-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #18

That sounds like the sort of thing Boysmum's two boys would do .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
That sounds like the sort of thing Boysmum's two boys would do .......
You're right!!

Ronnie n Reggie sur mer

28-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #20

Hi have sent some pics to mags who said she will help, but will trawl through and try for some boaty ones as well if you want, just don't want to bore people to tears!!