Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
21-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #1

What a handsome chap-English Springer Spaniel.

What a handsome chap, do you agree?
Hard to believe my 'puppy' is eight months old now!
he needs a trim, strip n tidy up to be perfectly honest...his feet are like yeti's and the curls are regrouping on his head in an attempt to drive me mad
He is such a charcter, an ultimate rouge who plays the game o' life by his rules and his rules alone, but he is a all round lovely lad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-11-2006, 12:32 PM   #2

Re: What a handsome chap-English Springer Spaniel.

He certainly is a gorgeous boy Luke!! So grown up now too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #3

He is lovely!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
21-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #4

Thanks both, he really has grown so much! Any hopes for getting him in the ring have disbanded as he just never seem to take to the training for it, out in the fields he moves and stands in such amazing ways, i have pictoral evidence! Yet at any given training time to get him used to standing, trotting etc..even when we took him to ringcraft (not to actually "go" he was there to spectate as we were advised to do to get him used to hit) he haunced up and moved like a sack of potatoes! However, on the working side he really is showing promise..he has been working well on the dummy for a while now..the retrieving side is great, introduced him to a 'home made' dummy, furred, and he was kind of taken a back but is getting sued to it. Took him out shooting rabbits (oh the controversy!) t'other day to get him used to the gun (he didn't do anything bar sit and get used to the sound) and he was only slightly phased but seemed to get used to it...we will repeat this in the future.
He really is a super dog, great temperament, bags of charcter and a heart of gold, with a brain that he does sometimes use!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
21-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #5

He is very gorgeous luke.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
21-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #6

A lovely boy x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
21-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #7

He's looking well Luke, but yes I agree he needs a trim. Any news of when Florrie is being spayed, otherwise your hard work might well go to pot with his amorous behaviour, it can really ruin a young dog. My friend has a wonderful working yellow Lab, Ill find you a pic, but he went nuts when his bitch came in season and he was just 10mths old, he ended up having him neutered as he was an absolute nightmare afterwards., just couldnt get him to concentrate. The bitch was spayed too, she developed a Pyo!! Dogs for you eh!

Best of luck with him Luke, he looks a good sort.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
21-11-2006, 08:07 PM   #8

Thanks Ellen
Thanks Julie
Thanks Dawn, do not worry-she will be speyed, and soon, there was an issue (of which i do not wish to speak about on the forum) when we had her checked over with the vet last time, but she seems better now so it will be a case of making the appointment again.
Please do dig the pictures out i would love to see them, and on the trimming subject-i'm worried about touching his ears, how much would you reccomend taking off with the thinning scissors? (this is what the book says)

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
21-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #9

he def is a beauty

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #10

I think he's smashing Luke. I love Springers never met once that spent a moment at rest though.