Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: tabby cat
09-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #1

Holiday sadness

Went to Norfolk for a few days last week.We arrived at the pub we where staying at and lying in the carpark was a tabby cat.People where stopping and looking at it so when i got out the car i went over.I knew straight away something was wrong.She was making a horrible meowing sound and she couldnt get up.She had been knocked by a car.She had flies crawling all over her to.I wasnt going to ignore her like everyone else seemed to be.I couldnt.So we got a cat carrier from the pub and a friend showed us where the vets was.They took her in straight away and examined her.She was in deep shock and they wanted to get fluids into her and blood and clean her up(flies had laid eggs but hadnt hatched) and give her pain relief.They straight away started to try and find the owner.(no collar,no chip)I said i would call back in a few days.
Went to vets 2 days later and it was sad news.They had xrayed her and her pelvis was completly shattered and thought it would be kinder to put her to sleep as there was nothing they could do.I had only known this little tabby cat for half an hour but it upset me.I cried in the vets
They said i was kind to bring her in and give her a chance.They said they also found old wounds from gun pellets.Why are people so cruel?
At least she was warm and not in pain when she died and not on the side of the road as people walked by.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #2

Re: Holiday sadness

Bless you jacks. This has me with tears in my eyes. How can people be so thoughtless and cruel? Perhaps they just have no comprehension that all life is connected.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #3

oh my How people could just walk past any animal suffering like that beggars belief. But at least thanks to you she went peacefully and with affection xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
09-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #4

so sad. at least she knew some love and kindness at her end.
ppl can be very cruel and heartless. in jusy my husband and myself sat with 2 men who had been in a motorbike crash. both very seriously hurt. just sat with them talking trying to keep them calm. obviously a line of traffic built up behind us. and other than 1 man who was in shock. and a heartless cow who said they deserved what they got because they didnt have leathers on. no one came and asked if we needed any help. we sat there for what seemed like hours. was only when the 999 guys turned up we could leave them. i was in total shock and had to use my heart spray. but it wouldnt surprise me when u say no-one helped. but well done u.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #5

Bless you for what you did for that little one, Jacks; I too teared up reading that, hard to believe such callous inhumanity. I just hope what goes around comes around.... At least she did know some love and relief from pain in her last moments.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
09-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #6

Bless you for helping. Poor cat, at least it was warm and safe at the end. Cruel callous people about.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby with ginger & a black & white
09-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #7

I couldn't leave a cat (or animal) like that. I think sometimes people may be worried about the costs of the vets thats why i have on all my tags that vets fees are guaranteed, I couldn't bear the thought of someone not giving any of my furkids help if I wasn't around.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
09-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #8

Thanks to you she was relieved of pain and fear and had warmth and care at her end.

You are a truely good person.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #9

Jacks, that was a lovely thing to do, bless you - I supsect I would have done the same. I hope this sadness didnt marr your holiday and you were able to enjoy your break at least a little.

What people don't realise is that vets have a 'duty of care' which means if you bring in a hurt animal which isn't yours, they can't turn it away and have to at least make it
comfortable and address any emergency needs it has.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #10

thats shocking, at least you tried to help her get better and as you said, at least she died painfree and somewhere warm. I hope they find whoever had shot her with pellets and lay down the law to them for hurting a poor defencless animal