Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
29-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #1

Dylan today

I called him in tonight (he'd been out for about 3 hours), he came in and rather than using the garden just before he came in, he decided to use his tray the moment he came in

I'd also like to check his sight tomorrow because I'm not sure whether he's lost any sight or not. He's definitely not blind (next door have a dog and he was fully aware the dog was there - looking at it and teasing it) but when I went out there he didn't realise I was there until I spoke to him. (How do you check a cat's eyesight?)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #2

Re: Dylan today

I dont think there is anything wrong with his sight, he was simply ignoring you as cats do.

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #3

It's not like him to ignore people though Elaine, he always acknowledges people who go outside, even the neighbours ...

He tends to walk into the coffee table when he's focusing on us as well and runs head first into the fish tank

I do worry though when I notice anything unusual (in my defence it's better to worry and get it checked than leave something potentially serious) - no offence meant Elaine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #4

Leave him alone for pity's sake, you'll make him ill by constantly poking and badgering him.

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #5

I'm letting him relax on his blanket while I'm on Catsey, he decided it was tray time then food time when he came in, he was fish watching earlier and once again forgot the tank was there (had to lure him onto his blanket because he was wandering round unsure what to do) I think he was fighting just before he came in.