Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #1

Speed cameras

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit it is registered and put on a database? You get a ticket only if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 20 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.
This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30 limit area whilst others doing 39 do not. Following the Governments freedom of information act you can now get access to speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at
the following address http://www.e-database.co.uk

You will be asked for a password but just click on the "need a password" Link and you will be given one for future use. If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Moggie
15-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #2

Re: Speed cameras

just made my brother crap himself lmaooooo that was class!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #3

easy solution, dont drive!
i thought by law youre given 2% either way for innacuracy of your speedo though?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
15-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #4

I got caught once. Since then I always make sure I slow right down and crawl through the speed cameras - never trust them to know the exact speed so worry I might get done doing 29 or 28 etc

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
15-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #5

we live near the nth circular road, and at night u can hear the nutters speeding, but theres a camera near us and u can hear the tyres squaling as they slow down, the ones that dont slow down are the ones who dont have english licences so no ins either loads of maniacs in london

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #6

That is a classic joke that speed camera one. I sent it to someone in the office who already has 9 points and he nearly died of fright!!!

I've only been snapped once; in my Saab a few years back but it was by a mobile unit. Grrr Hubby was going about 140mph on the M4 once (on his way to the airport in the dead of night) and got snapped in some roadworks (50mph limit). Obviously the camera was out of film coz nobody came knocking on our door (phew)!!