Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
17-02-2015, 03:21 AM   #21

Re: marmaduke very poorly

Awk im sad to read that the long term
Outlook isnt the best. It doesnt help but i think once you know what youre dealing with you can cope better

Gentle hugs for you & Duke from us x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
17-02-2015, 09:01 AM   #22

Marmaduke may be on borrowed time, but while there's life, there's hope. I do so hope that he starts to enjoy life a bit and begins to enjoy his food. Please give him a gentle tickle from me .

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
17-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #23

he's getting a little better each day. Yesterday he followed me around a bit and jumped up on to the bed (not done that since he's been poorly) His poo's are better and he's a little more interested in food, although he only eats a few mouthfuls

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
19-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #24

Thats encouraging bless him. It means so
much when the eat. Hugs from us.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
19-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #25

Oh bless him, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy can be sudden, I hope you can at least take some comfort that he is still with you and treasure each day.
Gentle hugs to dear Marmie. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #26

sorry to read about the diagnosis and i hope you have as much quality time with Marmaduke as possible.

Catsey Senior

fancyabrew is Male
25-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #27

We've had the test results back for Marmaduke and it is HCM the vet also thinks there has been quite a lot of damage to his heart.

He was back at the vets yesterday and has been prescribed Frusemide, Prilactone and Cardisure twice a day . He also had bloods taken to see how his anaemia is, hopefully better, and he's going to be seen again in a month. The main problem we have with him at the moment is still his eating. He does eat and is quite keen but isn't eating very much, he has a few mouthfuls and then leaves it, so he has lost 0.5kg in 10 days, which is a bit of a concern.

He is still quite poorly but he is better than he was.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-02-2015, 01:11 PM   #28

It is as you suspected then and I am sorry to hear it, especially that there is already damage. Poor wee Marmaduke - I know how concerning it is when a poorly animal doesn't seem to be eating enough and his weight loss shows that it is having an effect. I guess little and often is all that I can advise and I expect you are already doing that to try and keep his small portions going down. Bless him - loads of positive eating vibes coming his way.

Catsey Senior

fancyabrew is Male
25-02-2015, 01:17 PM   #29

yeah that's what we're doing. Bloods are back and he's not anaemic anymore, so something good!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #30

I have been reading a lot about HCM recently as it is something that is being discussed on a FB Persian Group I belong to. I strongly suspect it is what did for my lovely snaggle-toothed Darcy about 8 years ago and worryingly, it is becoming increasingly prevalent.

I hope Marmaduke is with you for a long time to come and that medication can control his condition to keep him as happy and healthy as possible.