Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-02-2014, 11:12 PM   #1

Some of my cards

I'm not sure if this is the correct section but will put them here anyway. After seeing Angies fab book I thought I would share some of my latest cards with you all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #2

Re: Some of my cards

It's a fast-growing hobby, isn't it, card-making Alex? How long have you been doing it? They do look very professional. OH has met a couple of dog-walkers who are very into crafting of all sorts of things and we got a lovely hand made card at Christmas from one of the ladies.

Some of the techniques cross over, I've discovered, like embossing. Do you do that? I bought a little tool kit (v. inexpensive) from ebay and it's one of the most useful things I have in my art box.

I agree, we definitely need a Craft and Hobby section. Please, Catsey!

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2014, 12:44 AM   #3

Thanks angie. I've been doing it for about 3 years now but very much still a novice. I'm hoping to work on my stamping and colouring this year. It has become popular I think because people appreciate something handmade now

I do emboss and have loads of powders and a heat gun. You can get some amazing effects.

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #4

This has turned out to be one of the most special, and heartbreaking, cards I have ever made My cousin asked me to make it for her daughters birthday yesterday, I posted it off to her on weds and she got it thursday. She called me to say how delighted she was with it and how she couldn't wait to give it to her daughter on sunday. On saturday night she sadly and tragically collapsed and died . Her daughter now treasures it and will put it out every year on her birthday as it was her last card from her mum.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #5

Oh Alex, how heartbreaking .... my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Goodness, it's a good thing we don't know what's round the corner for each of us.

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #6

Indeed angie. She was only 48

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
11-02-2014, 06:18 AM   #7

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your cousin. You and your family must be devastated.Your cousin's daughter will treasure that beautiful card always.Thinking of you all at this sad time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #8

Oh Alex, I'm so, so sorry! Brings it home with a bump as that's the same age as I am.

But your cards are beautiful and I'm sure the last one will be treasured for ever. I wish I had the time to do wonderful creative work like you; sometimes I struggle to find time to buy a card from a shop

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #9

Alex, i am so sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin.I'm glad she got to see the card for her daughter who as you say will treasure it forever.
Your cards are lovely, i especialy like the one of the Rotty between two Deer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73

This has turned out to be one of the most special, and heartbreaking, cards I have ever made My cousin asked me to make it for her daughters birthday yesterday, I posted it off to her on weds and she got it thursday. She called me to say how delighted she was with it and how she couldn't wait to give it to her daughter on sunday. On saturday night she sadly and tragically collapsed and died . Her daughter now treasures it and will put it out every year on her birthday as it was her last card from her mum.
Flipping heck how heart breaking.............I am so sorry.