Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #1

Almost got into a row.

Well I would have if I had not been so angry, walking in Sutton Park with Sal and we could see for miles had Sal on the lead as we were approaching the longmoor valley part of the park where you keep dogs on leads because of the nesting birds in April/May/June, ahead of me a couple with a young GSD also on lead. In the distance I could see two/three young chaps. Then out of no where it seemed two rottweiler's charged at the GSD a full scale scuffle broke out. The young chaps were laughing and jeering almost at the couples attempts to break up the scuffle but to be honest from where I was it was a false hope they had no chance the bloke eventually shouted at the woman to drop the dammed lead and get away. He was trying to protect his dog and the woman the Rotties I think were being egged on by the young men and the fact the woman was screaming was not heloing anything just highening the dogs attack. I was alone and had Sal, and no way was I going to tie her up and help them in case the Rotties homed in on her she would have stood no chance being tied and I would not let her go because she is a Staff and would have joined the fight. Then two young lads who were on bikes came up and joined the chap using their bikes to divide the GSD and the woman from the Rotties. Three older men who were going or coming from fishing appeared and the three lads who I think owned the dogs eventually after a fair bit of argy bargy and shouting got hold of their dogs. The GSD was badly bitten just above his tail. The woman had scratches marks on her arm I think from the lead and her own dog trying to get away not bites. One of the lads on the bikes took pictures of the three lads and the dogs.

I gave the couple my name and number and they were going to report the issue.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #2

Re: Almost got into a row.

How awful for the couple and the GSD - those louts should be, well I don't know what really - what a fitting punishment would be. Can't blame the Rotties - I know they can look frightening, but I have personally known one that I used to hand feed crisps to on occasion.

You could do nothing else but stay out and be a witness if needed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #3

what a good idea to take photos, i hope they get a police visit and wish they got the dogs taken off them, they're not fit to own dogs, are they.
It was a horrible thing to witness.
Hope the poor GSD is ok

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #4

How distressing! I hope the GSD and owners will be OK. It's a pity caning has been abolished, it would suit those young hooligans!! You were wise not to intervene .....