Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
18-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #21

Re: Funny how things work out!

I agree, I don't really like caged birds either, we actually have indoor aviaries- the biggest we could find with suitable bar spacing for the types of birds we have.
I think chins are quite popular pets, although exotics so finding suitable advice and vets can be difficult- certainly Tyler is very tame and curious, but they are fast and nocturnal with specific requirements so not an easy pet. We bought the biggest cages we could find for them, but they have wire bases which seems to be the norm for chin cages, however I suspect this comes from when they were kept for fur and it keeps the coat clean (the same as angora rabbits are often kept). I intend to put a wooden floor on because it cannot be natural for them to have that kind of base.
I noticed today that there are mamoset monkey and racoons for sale in Aberdeen, someone is also breeding mico pigs- sadly many animal's lives will be ruined by somebody taking them on in a whim, doing no research and getting rid when they bite or become difficult to handle.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
18-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #22

Just thought I'd show some of our cages and it lets people see what is out there!

The bird cages, we have one for the kakarikis and one for the parrotlets.

The rat cages- one for the girls and one for the boys-

Murray the mouse's cages-
the top one is what he arrived in, the second is the biggest we could find locally and the bottom one is his new cage.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #23

Murray the mouse has a palace!

Excellent idea to show your cages farthing - I doubt that the general public do actually know what's available.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #24

Thanks for sharing those!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
18-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #25

poor wee murray mouse!! that cage he came in is tiny!! i had an explorer cage for my girls, but i recently downgraded to a furet xl. i know what you mean about space in the cages for them, i originally had 9 in the explorer but when i got down to 4 girls they werent making much use of it so thats why i downgraded, the cage i have can have a maximum of 9 so i still feel they have plenty of space!