Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #1

Lolly, the rescue Basenji

as most of you know we were on holiday in Scotland last week.
as we were out and about with the two dogs we got used to lots of people stopping us to chat about them.
One senior couple chatted to us and said they had just got a Basenji in March from the dogs trust. After swopping information i asked what colour hers was. She then told me Lolly was in the car and would we like to see her.
We spent a lovely 10 mins admiring her and were so pleased to have met another Basenji.
On returning home i posted on Fb that we had seen one, a friend sent me a link to an appeal to find a missing Basenji, Lolly.
It turns out that her original owner had given her to a cousin who had then surrendered her to the dogs trust. The original owner was very upset and didn't know where Lolly had gone . I was able to get in touch and reassure her that Lolly was fine and living with a nice couple. Since then i have also been in touch with Lolly's new owner and put the two in contact with each other.
Lolly

Lolly, Malaika and Kwame

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #2

Re: Lolly, the rescue Basenji

What an amazing circumstance and coincidence. I feel sorry for the original owner and also for Lolly's new folks. I hope there won't be any tug-of-love going on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #3

Lolly's original owner has said she doesn't want her back, she just wants to know she's happy and well cared for.
I did offer to be a go between so privacy could be maintained, however Lolly's new owner was sure she wanted to make contact. She also has useful information to pass on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
08-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #4

yes what incredible coincidence! the original owner must be so relieved to know shes now in a lovely home

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #5

What a stroke of luck.......did you notice angels following you around.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
08-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #6

Amazing!

Glad it worked out.