Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
02-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #1

Not a good end to the week.

Mike found Bluebell, our 12 year old goat dead this morning. He thinks she had a fit but we have sent her off for a post mortem to ensure it wasn't anything nasty.

We had Bluebell for 7 years and over that time she was inseperable from Jack, our old man. She had been a bit more quiet lately but was eating, pooing, peeing, drinking normally and I had decided to get the vet to check her the next time I had them out for something else- I at no time thought she was desperately ill.

Tomorrow, Polly, our rat with cancer, is being PTS. She has fought a brave fight and is actually still bright, snuggled with her friends and eating well- but the tumour is on her neck/ throat area and her breathing is becoming affected. I would rather not find her dead because she had suffocated to death because of the tumour.

I also have Donald in for blood tests. He is drinking quite a bit, but I am hoping that it isn't his kidneys.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
02-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #2

Re: Not a good end to the week.

Oh what an sad time. I wish Bluebell and Polly peace and freedom from pain and I will be sending positive vibes for Donald. Thinking of you tomorrow - as I know it won't be easy. Big hugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
02-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #3

Sorry you found bluebell this morning and hoping for some positive news from donalds blood tests. Poor wee ratty I have two unwell at the moment, one with a pituary(sp) tumour who is going downhill rapidly and a girl with resp problems now thinking heart failure aswell. Cuddles for all the animals with you x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
03-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #4

Oh Im so sorry,what an awful week for you, Im keeping my fingers crossed that Donald is okay xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #5

A hard week so far indeed, farthing, so sorry everything seems to be piling up ...(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
03-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #6

*hugs* so sorry to hear that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #7

((hugs)) so sorry x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
03-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #8

So sorry to hear of your sadness at the moment. ((hugs)) RIP Bluebell.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #9

So sorry farthing - RIP Bluebell.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
03-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #10

Than you, some of Bluebell's results are back- she was basically normal so it would be classed as a sudden death and nothing we could have noticed- her small intestine was filled with blood and this may be a clostridial infection ( more tests are being sent off). My vet said they have had a few cases and it is often one animal in a herd- usually a healthy one. This does not bring her back but it does ease my conscience a bit.

Polly was put to sleep peacefully this afternoon, she was done at home and sedated first, so felt nothing and was with her friend unitl her last few minutes.

Donald's results are back- his blood are not any worse than 2 months ago when he had his last test, his thyroid levels have been sent off to be checked but the other bloods hint it should be OK.
So, no idea why he is drinking more, the only thing I can thing of is that he gets snuffly with the tumour and it dries his mouth out!