Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
02-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #1

Tara (dog) has a very bad eye =(

My poor old girl is in the wars, yesterday evening Max decided to have a mad session in the garden with his toys, and ran full pelt into Tara who was sniffing around in the dirt. He knocked her flying and she yelped, then layed on the grass for a couple of minutes afterwards whining and looking very sorry for herself

She now has a very inflammed and bruised eye and her third eyelid is halfway across. It also started to discharge green material this morning so looks like we have a nice infection in there now too. Took her in with me today, stain revealed possibly a very small graze on the surface of her eye but nothing else. She has been given an anti inflammatory injection, another pain relief injection and is on eye drops twice daily.

Unfortunately due to her nuclear sclerosis that she already has, it's not possible to visualise past the lens so cannot tell currently whether the retina is detached. She doesn't seem to be able to see out of that eye at the moment which combined with her being deaf is causing her to be very disorientated and jumpy. She's really not right tonight, just standing in the middle of the room staring at nothing and is very restless. I'm hoping that's just because of her disorientation but of course I'm thinking the worst and worrying about neuro damage as a result of the impact I'm sure I'm just over worrying that aspect but it's playing on my mind.

Just have to keep up with the drops and see how it's looking over the next couple of days. If there's no improvement or it gets worse then I will have to take her back in, and if nothing can be visualised she may possibly need an opthalmology referral for scans of the eye. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that but only time will tell.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
02-06-2011, 12:16 AM   #2

Re: Tara (dog) has a very bad eye =(

Oh how worrying. Poor Tara. I hope that she mends soon and that it doesn't come to the opthalmology referral. Sending positive vibes to Tara from me and my lot x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-06-2011, 02:07 AM   #3

Oh, so sorry; poor Tara. Hope it will clear up without an ophthalmology visit being needed, (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
02-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #4

Hope all is well and she is feeling better soon xx