Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 Cats
26-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #1

Urgent Cross-Post 2 Rabbits need Urgent Help

Hi all,

I've just had a call from one of my friends who is a vet in Horsham, West Sussex. Her surgery does a lot of work with the RSPCA in that district and she has just gone in to do some operations and been informed of two rabbits who are due to be PTS. The reason for this is the RSPCA is unable to rehome them due to their temperment, I gather they have been sent out and then returned. She has called me to see if I can help but I have very limited time to do so, maybe until Monday at the latest.

They are two females, one harlequin marked and one sooty fawn (uppy eared), from what I have been told. Both spayed and vaccinated, one year old abnd living together. They are both perfectly healthy, they just need someone who is patient and can do rehabilitation work with them, or is used to handling more tempermental rabbits.

I sadly cannot take these rabbits on myself, I have no spare accommodation and a baby due imminently but I really would like to try and find them a home or rescue space if at all possible.

Can anyone help?

Please do not turn this thread into one berating the RSPCA. My concern at the moment is for the rabbits.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #2

Re: Urgent Cross-Post 2 Rabbits need Urgent Help

Poor bunnies - Horsham is not very far from me but I am afraid I can't help, not used to rabbits and with a new puppy to deal with atm .... I'm afraid I can't take any more on.

Good luck - I do hope you can help to place these rabbits.

Catsey Senior

26-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #3

I hope so too. They shouldn't give up on them

Catsey Senior

26-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #4

A place has been found for these 2 bunnies and they should be going there tomorrow if all goes to plan

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #5

Oh good news!