Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #1

Abi and Caspurr

I have been asked a few questions about them so I think it only fair to give them there own thread.

I am not getting Abi and Caspurr back. I will tell you my reasons.

When they had to be moved so quickly Emma was a star taking them into saftey for me. They were a mess. They hadn't been groomed since I had left. He had been feeding them the cheepest food and the cheepest litter . Which wasn't doing there wee tummies much good.
Anyway after a couple of weeks with Emma there was a huge difference, they were back to normal.
I then contacted the council a few weeks later asking how long it would be before I got a house. I was told min 6 months. I thought about it and phoned Emma. I asked if she would like to keep Abi and Caspurr as I felt it would be unfair to move them after that amount of time. She happily agreed. The only thing was that she was to get Abi nutured.
She told me how Caspurr had turned into a great "mouser" how Abi had bonded with her and her little boy loved them to bits. A happy ending for my babies.
Then later on in that week I got a call saying I had a council house. I couldnt turn round to Emma and say Opps sorry can I have my cats back. That would be cruel and unfair.
They have a better life there they can get outside where as here they cant. There happy, healthy and loved what more could I ask?
Oh yeh another question.. did mony change hands? Yes. The money I left Emma to buy them food and litter.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #2

Re: Abi and Caspurr

Have no idea why you feel you have to answer these questions Jac, they should never have been asked in the first place. I think almost everyone on here knows you did the best thing for Caspurr and Abi, not for yourself! You have been through a hard enough time of late without all of this nonsense. ((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #3

Thank you Alex...xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #4

You did what you thought was best Jac...I know how much you loved those two, and its because of that, you put them first..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
11-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #5

Jac you did what was best by your babies,all the people that matter know how much you love those cats and what a hard decission it was for you to make.Screw anybody else,it doesnt matter what they think.You did not have to explaine yourself to anybody chick xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
11-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #6

They look very happy and settled in their new home, Jac, and that's the main thing.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
11-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #7

I've been following this like a ninja, without making comment as it really isn't my place to.

But I must say, your decision is 100% understandable.

You're doing what you believe to be best for the wellness of those cats, and that is what any good owner would do.

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #8

Thank you all for your understanding and support. It was not a decission made lightly or in haste. I did what I thought was right for THEM.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #9

I know you did Jac - Abi and Caspurr are happy, well looked after and loved. You know you did the right thing for them at the time - heart rending though it was. Luckily, your circumstances have changed for the better but unless you are a witch with a crystal ball you had no way of knowing what was around the corner. I quite understand that you don't want to unsettle the cats or distress Emma now.

Anyway - it's your life, your decision and really I feel you don't need to explain yourself to anyone else!