Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
14-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #1

Royal Canin foods.

Went to the warehouse and was told I couldnt have any Royal Canin as RC were not selling it to anyone other than breeders (on big scale ) or legitimate pet shops. They said folk were selling it off by opening the bags etc.. and they didnt want that. I said I am a boarding kennels and Cattery and its for my own use, thats fine then they said!! How weird!

Anyhow bought some of the "Exigent 35/30" Cats like it and its less than £1.00 difference between that and the sensible 33 I usually buy. Anyone tried it?

One thing, not sure how long I would feed it at £42.99 retail price!!
Dawn.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
14-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #2

Re: Royal Canin foods.

My local petshop only sells the small bags and they haven't usually got it in stock very often. Another petshop, which isn't too far from me also sells royal canin, but they only seem to buy sacks. They then sells whole sacks or small bags which have been taken from the sack!! It must be a money making scam that these small petshops have invented!

If RC firmly believe that these sacks should not be split then I think the petshops should be made aware and if they continue doing this they should be punished. Afterall, its RC's profits that will be down and these petshops 'inpocket'

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #3

My petshop sells from the huge sacks right down to the tiny bags. I've never seen them splitting the big bags. Ithink it probably depends on the individual shop. The bags shouldn't be opened in advance of feeding as the food will degenerate over time and the petshops should be aware of this.

Pets at Home even now sell some of the more basic Royal Canin ranges.

I can understand RCs unwillingness to sell to all and sundry if such practice (opening bags and reselling) is common place. After all, it does nothing for the quality of the feed or for the integrity of their brand!

And no, I haven't tried the Exigent. What is it and how does it differ from the usual RC food? I buy persian mix + intense furball formula and feed it as a 50/50 mix.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #4

My pet shop gets me the big bags in. I use RC kitten for Mildred and RC Simaese for the adults although the moggies eat the Siamese too I also feed Supacat which all of mine wil eat and actually Ria prefers. You can often buy the big bags of RC at shows..

I've been pondering over which RC adult food to put them on with the moggies liking it too. I know the Siamese won't hurt them but maybe there would be a better RC product to suit them all. We are having a Royal Canin weekend at our local pet shop soon, so I may pop along for advice..

Catsey Veteran

14-03-2007, 12:35 PM   #5

Thanks folks. The Exigent is supposed to be for fussy Cats, Schnapps can be, so I got it for that reason and that it was nutritionally similar to the sensible 33.
http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/default.aspx?page=130

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-03-2007, 07:55 PM   #6

I have used Exigent with my two. They liked it but then they like all foods LOL. Its normally the sensible I get but have of late had alot of samples from Liz so at the moment they are getting a mish mash of different RC, but enjoying it all the same.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
14-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #7

My local Jollyes sell the small bags up to the large sacks. I usually buy the sensible type in sacks as they work out cheaper, but cost £40 The cats love it though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
17-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #8

I can't really comment on this as I belong to the Royal Canin Breeders and as such I am able to buy at a reduced prices on the larger bags and they deliver it. My local pet shop does stock it but I know they don't split the bags. If you know of any pet shops that are splitting the bags it might be worth you reporting it to Royal Canin.

Catsey Veteran

17-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
I can't really comment on this as I belong to the Royal Canin Breeders and as such I am able to buy at a reduced prices on the larger bags and they deliver it. My local pet shop does stock it but I know they don't split the bags. If you know of any pet shops that are splitting the bags it might be worth you reporting it to Royal Canin.
Is that question for me Kay? I dont know anyboy that splits the bags, I buy from the warehouse for me and the Cats at work. Hope you get a decent discount?
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
17-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Is that question for me Kay? I dont know anyboy that splits the bags, I buy from the warehouse for me and the Cats at work. Hope you get a decent discount?
Dawn.
No , Dawn the comment was to anyone who does know of places that split the bags. I do get an excellent discount but have to buy at least 20kg at a time.