Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
11-09-2007, 05:22 AM   #11

Re: Patch is being neutered :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
That's exactly the only way I could get Sultan into the carrier ! I'd hide it behind the door and then grab him and pop him into it before he realized what was happening!
Lol glad I'm not the only one who has to use subterfuge The little minx refuses to come out again too, when we get to the vets and have to 'pour' her out. Have to keep the carrier door closed as well during the visit or she darts back in at any opportunity

*Touch wood* she has been healthy enough over the years to only need her twice yearly appointments.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #12

Jane - Patch will be fine. Bet you will notice him getting a more solid figure and maybe even being more cuddly. And he won't go out fighting and getting infected wounds and, of course, he won't be making any surprise kittens.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
11-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #13

So glad your parents have finally come round. I am sure everything will be fine and he will be back with you before you no it so don't worry.

By the way I read all your post as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #14

Wonderful news Jane, and Patch will be absolutely fine! And I'm sure you'll feel very relieved that he's finally neutered.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
11-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #15

I was scared that there would be some argument happening when I saw how many replies there are XD

Well, thanks everyone!

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a favourite blanket, so we can't put that in the carrier...well, unless we are going to cut up the carpet and shove the sofa in there (he refuses to sleep where he's meant to..typical kitty ) but last night I put the cat carrier in the living room with a lovely PINK blanket in it for him..hopefully he'll go in, I dunno...but anyway, it's there if he wants to explore it.

When we (me and my sister - I was at her house) took her kitty to be neutered (well, for the health check before neutering) he wouldn't go in so I've seen the whole gravity thing so yeah we'll probably have to do that but hopefully he wont mind.

Well, this time tomorrow he will be in his carrier in some strange van/car..or in some strange place (wherever they're taking him...to the vet to stay the night? a CPL place? no idea) my poor ikkle baby Hopefully he'll be okay with it all though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane
I was scared that there would be some argument happening when I saw how many replies there are XD

Well, thanks everyone!

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a favourite blanket, so we can't put that in the carrier...well, unless we are going to cut up the carpet and shove the sofa in there (he refuses to sleep where he's meant to..typical kitty ) but last night I put the cat carrier in the living room with a lovely PINK blanket in it for him..hopefully he'll go in, I dunno...but anyway, it's there if he wants to explore it.

When we (me and my sister - I was at her house) took her kitty to be neutered (well, for the health check before neutering) he wouldn't go in so I've seen the whole gravity thing so yeah we'll probably have to do that but hopefully he wont mind.

Well, this time tomorrow he will be in his carrier in some strange van/car..or in some strange place (wherever they're taking him...to the vet to stay the night? a CPL place? no idea) my poor ikkle baby Hopefully he'll be okay with it all though
Oh he will mind, no doubt, and probably complain very loudly, but it's for his own good and he'll be a happier and healthier cat afterwards...he'll be OK! Sorry if the number of replies startled you, but they were all in support as you know now! (((hugs))).

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
11-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #17

lol, you're right..he will mind and I bet he will be meowing his head off...he has a really loud meow, if there were 100 cats meowing in a room we'd be able to say which was his just by his meow haha. Hopefully he'll forgive us after not too long

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #18

Jane I'm so pleased for you (and Patch) I remember you asking for idea's to save up the money yourself to have him neutered.
Oh and I read all your post's

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #19

Good luck tomorrow Jane!

If I were you I'd be tempted to use Grete's suggestion of getting him into the carrier. Get your Mum or someone else to tip the carrier so that the opening is at the top. When you're ready, quickly pick up Patch and put him straight into the carrier, back legs first. You or the other person with you may have to gently guide his head down into the carrier, then quickly shut the door ......and hey presto, he's ready to go!

I always use this method with Cassie as no way will she go in head first... He will object at first like most cats do but he will soon settle....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #20

Just one last thought for Patch and making him feel a little less stressed. Is it possible for you to put in an old t-shirt of yours or something with your smell on it. It may help to reasure him just a little.
All the very best for the boy tomorrow xxx