Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white kitten
25-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #1

Indy is making me laugh

He's got his cone on to stop him chewing at his tail.

So funny. The list so far of silly things he has done involving the cone:

Tried to run under my bed, cone too big, so headbutted the base of bed instead.

Tried to jump on the rabbit cage, misjudged size of cone, hit the side and promptly fell off

Tried to bite my feet and got more and more annoyed that all he was doing was headbutting me with the cone.

Tried to run through the babygate into the kitchen, again didn't fit because of cone.

Tried to clean himself after the toilet, cone got in the way, fell over and landed on his back, then lay there wriggling and looking silly.

Tried to lick my hands while I was playing with him then looked really confused to find that all he was licking was the inside of the cone.

Tried to spit his tablet out and again looked confused that the only place it ended up was right inside his cone which was easy for me to retrieve and put back in his mouth

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #2

Re: Indy is making me laugh

Oh bless, he's having a hard time adjusting to that awful collar! It's so hard not to laugh at them when they do something so funny .... How much longer will he have to wear it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-08-2011, 01:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh bless, he's having a hard time adjusting to that awful collar! It's so hard not to laugh at them when they do something so funny .... How much longer will he have to wear it?
awh poor wee man. They hate those cones

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #4

Awwwww! *giggles*

I was very lucky - Cloud showed no interest whatsoever when she had surgery (though she was a little bigger). So though I bought her a cone, just in case, it was never on her...

Catsey Junior

26-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
To be fair to him, I think the reason he's getting in these predicaments because he forgets the cone is on his head

I'm not sure how long he has to wear it for. He has his post-op check up today so will ask then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Awwwww! *giggles*

I was very lucky - Cloud showed no interest whatsoever when she had surgery (though she was a little bigger). So though I bought her a cone, just in case, it was never on her...
aww bless her.
vets said they had to put the bigger cone on Indy, because they had put the smaller one on him but he'd still managed to find and try to chew his tail with it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
26-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #6

I'm amazed that he managed to forget it... Little Miss knew she had it on whenever I tried her with it, so I knew how to do it if required, and her whole few minutes was an attempt to get it off...

And as long as the neck hole was small enough that he couldn't escape then larger size is fine!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #7

I do sympathise with little Indy, but having the horrid thing on is in his best interests and his tail will heal quicker .... if only he could understand.

My dear old Merlin had to wear his cone for 10 days after he'd had a cyst removed from his face. He looked so pitiful in it, but he really appreciated me washing his face for him and generally cleaning him up a couple of times a day. He was quite old at the time though and didn't have a kitten's energy or ability to get into trouble with the cone!

Catsey Junior

26-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
I'm amazed that he managed to forget it... Little Miss knew she had it on whenever I tried her with it, so I knew how to do it if required, and her whole few minutes was an attempt to get it off...

And as long as the neck hole was small enough that he couldn't escape then larger size is fine!!!
Aw bless her, little cutie

Indy is so calm about things, if he was any more laid back, he'd be backwards haha. He really doesn't get phased by things at all.

I think it's down to me having him since he was 6 weeks old (I know that's wrong, but his mother died and the kittens were going. If I didn't take him, someone else would have) We have a really close relationship and he is basically stuck to me at all times. So as long as he is with me, he's happy <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I do sympathise with little Indy, but having the horrid thing on is in his best interests and his tail will heal quicker .... if only he could understand.

My dear old Merlin had to wear his cone for 10 days after he'd had a cyst removed from his face. He looked so pitiful in it, but he really appreciated me washing his face for him and generally cleaning him up a couple of times a day. He was quite old at the time though and didn't have a kitten's energy or ability to get into trouble with the cone!
Aww, they do look so pathetic don't they.
That's lovely I'll bet he loved that

Catsey Junior

26-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #9

Had Indy for his check up today it went well

He is to keep the collar on until he goes back to get his stitches out in 2 weeks xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #10

Two weeks!? Poor baby ........