Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
17-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #21

Re: Egypt (part 1)

It looks absolutely amazing Mags, you are so lucky. Egypt has always been one of the places I want to visit.

My son, Adam, had a great surprise over Easter; his girlfriend is 21 this year and for her Birthday her parents will pay for her + 1 other to go to Egypt! She has chosen Adam! They said it must be Egypt as they wanted it to fit it with her studies as she is doing an Archaeology degree. They have chosen a 7 night Nile cruise and then 3 days in Cairo. It is all booked and paid for now, they go in December and arrive home on Christmas Day. How fab is that! I will show him your photos Mags. So glad you had such a fantastic time.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #22

How wonderful for your son and his girfriend, Kim ....... they will love it I'm sure!

We stayed on Crocodile Island in the Nile....... when they are cruising down the river just past Luxor, they will be able to see where we stayed as the grounds are right on the Nile banks......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-04-2008, 01:56 AM   #23

Lovely pic; I did not realize the Nile was so blue! Somehow thought of it as sort of brownish like the Mississippi......

Mags, have you read any of Elizabeth Peters archaeological mysteries set in pre-and World War I Egypt?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Lovely pic; I did not realize the Nile was so blue! Somehow thought of it as sort of brownish like the Mississippi......

Mags, have you read any of Elizabeth Peters archaeological mysteries set in pre-and World War I Egypt?
Eileen, I too was very surprised by the colour of the Nile - I had envisaged it as being very murky like many of our rivers here. It was very clear, you could easily see the fish swimming and the stones on the river bed near the banks.

I haven't read any of Elizabeth Peters books, Ive made a note of her name and will keep my eyes open for them .......thanks for the tip

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Eileen, I too was very surprised by the colour of the Nile - I had envisaged it as being very murky like many of our rivers here. It was very clear, you could easily see the fish swimming and the stones on the river bed near the banks.

I haven't read any of Elizabeth Peters books, Ive made a note of her name and will keep my eyes open for them .......thanks for the tip
I think you might enjoy them, she's written a whole series featuring the slightly eccentric Amelia Peabody, her archaeologist husband Emerson, assorted other characters and including several Egyptian cats with attitude! One of the recent ones is "The Last Camel Died at Noon".... which title might give you the idea that they're rather funny!