Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
12-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #11

Re: Three Month's Worth of Fur

Your neighbours must love you. "here comes the crazy cat lady putting more hair on the bush" just kidding
I honestly think its a good idea
Some happy bird is going to have one hell of a comfy nest.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #12

WOW! The chicks that hatch out in your area must know how privileged they are - Princess Fur-lined nests! Bet they "crow" about it to their less fortunate neighbours

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
12-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #13

That fur looks so soft and lovely! And there is quite a handful there eh? Good job for keeping on top of it. Darcy and Minsky, despite being litter-mates, have different coats. Darcy's is short and very 'light'; he rarely shades and if I groom him not much comes off at all. Minsky, however, is every so slightly longer (not 'very short' like Darcy's) and it is so dense! Both of them love their grooming too.

Lots of cosy birds in your area soon I'm sure!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #14

Lol, we had a windy night, and most of the fur has blown away! There's some left though, and some in my neighbor's yard; luckily he's a good guy and won't mind. The best laid plans, eh? I tried.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
12-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Lol, we had a windy night, and most of the fur has blown away! There's some left though, and some in my neighbor's yard; luckily he's a good guy and won't mind. The best laid plans, eh? I tried.
It must have been windy, I think I found some in my garden

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattde
It must have been windy, I think I found some in my garden
If it's grey and very soft, that's hers! Hope your birds enjoy it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #17

I have giggled through this thread, thanx for a much needed spot of laughter guys.

You must groom her religously Eileen, she must be the silkiest kitty on the block. Shame most of it blew away.

Random, your post made me giggle too. I have to say i dont have pretty birds in my garden either, mostly seagulls, pidgeons and some sparrows. The seagulls that land in my garden though, dont stop long as Eva usually grabs them by their tail feathers

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I have giggled through this thread, thanx for a much needed spot of laughter guys.

You must groom her religously Eileen, she must be the silkiest kitty on the block. Shame most of it blew away.

Random, your post made me giggle too. I have to say i dont have pretty birds in my garden either, mostly seagulls, pidgeons and some sparrows. The seagulls that land in my garden though, dont stop long as Eva usually grabs them by their tail feathers
Every night before bedtime! She knows the routine, I call "Leia, brush time" and she goes to her spot and flops down for the session; it probably helps that that's just before "midnight snack" time also ......

Eva is very bold to tackle a seagull, they're BIG birds!