Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
05-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #1

Where do all the ping pong balls go???

Ever since we got our boys just over 3 years ago, we have been buying ping pong balls for them to play with. They all love them, especially Harry who loves it when we put a ping pong ball or 2 in the (empty!) bath... he will spend hours playing in the bath. The thing is... just where on earth do they all go ??? We thought that we would find them all when we moved not so long ago, but alass we didn't find nearly as many that we had bought!!! I do wonder sometimes....

Does anybody else have any similar kitty related mysteries??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #2

Re: Where do all the ping pong balls go???

That observation is spot-on Manyana! Generally, I do find ping pong or other small cat toys under furniture and on occasion I have been known to lie on the floor and use the loft pole to clear any lost toys (or other unmentionables) from under the TV table or the chest in the hall. But I'm sure that if I counted up, there are probably more lost than found. Bit like socks, really!

Now of course if something goes missing, we blame Monty!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #3

Same here! It was more understandable in my 8 room house, but I'm in a studio flat now, and cannot imagine where balls go! Leia has a set of 4, the purple jingly one has vanished ... not under furniture. It's been gone for days.....???

Yes, I suppose the same place missing socks go. A leak to a parallel universe? A black hole? We shall never know .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #4

Normally under the furniture, but I have many times found a collection of them in the dogs beds!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #5

I am certain that Monty hid little pink squeaky pig in one of the cat's hidey holes on their climbing frame. There is no other way to explain how it got there!

If in doubt blame the dog (if you have one!)

Catsey Senior

05-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #6

The poor dog always get the blame here.... I think the cats frame her most of the time - just for their own amusement!!

Eileen - I hope you find the purple jingly ball eventually, it is odd isn't it?!

Catsey Veteran

05-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyana13
The poor dog always get the blame here.... I think the cats frame her most of the time - just for their own amusement!!

Eileen - I hope you find the purple jingly ball eventually, it is odd isn't it?!
We were joking around on the Quiz tonight, and it was suggested there might be a teleporting link that some cats know how to use.... That might explain how a cat that you've looked all over for and couldn't find can suddenly appear in a room that you'd checked before .......

No, I am not paranoid .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #8

Yep, happens quite a lot here, been out looking for Ollie, come in and he is sound asleep in a bed....

Catsey Senior

06-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #9

mmm... I don't think you are being paranoid Eileen... I think these cats just have special powers!! The amount of times we have been searching for Harry and Vinnie, only for them to turn up - and I swear we turned the house over to look for them!! We have even been out driving at all hours of the night looking for one of them and only to come home to him sleeping and most annoyed that he has been woken up. Lola loves her food too much to stray too far from the food bowl, so she doesn't cause me any problems! These cats are far too intelligent for my liking

I am hoping to be able to take part in the quiz soon, I have been working at a Youth Group on Wednesday evenings, but it is moving to Thursdays from next week!!!

Catsey Veteran

06-10-2011, 01:44 AM   #10

Hey, Manyana, would be great to see you at the quiz! 8:15 on Wednesdays.