Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
20-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #11

Re: Just thought I'd introduce my dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
What a fantastic job you do with all those poor animals. I take it you live in the N.East of Scotland then? Being an Aberdeen lass myself, I know a little about geography
Have recently contacted PAWSS to enquire about becoming a volunteer.
Hi Elaine, yes we are in Aberdeenshire and did in fact do fostering for PAWSS, but found it quite difficult to hand over animals we'd fostered without worrying about their future.
It was good though because it helped us decide on the road we wanted to take, and that was to take in animals who had no other options, ones who were old, had behavioural problems or health problems which made them unlikely to find a home elsewhere. In fact our last cat, Misty was a PAWSS cat.They asked us to take her on, because at 18 they didn't think she was rehomeable, and a lucky break for us it was because she is a lovely old girl.
Hope to meet up with you then as I am still in contact with Suzanne in PAWSS.
What animals are you looking to foster, just cats ,or others.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #12

I was hoping I could help with transport etc, as much as i'd love to be in a position to foster, I live in a small flat in the city centre with two cats and a hamster. Bernie, and Midge (the hamster) would probably enjoy meeting new animals but sadly the Diva simply will NOT have such goings on under her roof. But maybe one day when we have a bigger and better property...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
20-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #13

Ok, I know they will appreciate transport, as they cover quite a wide area and it is alway better for two to go somewhere.
Good luck and let us know how you get on, the more people involved with rescue the better.

Sounds like Diva lives up to her name then.