Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #1

wednesday chat

Good morning everyone, thought i would start a chat since there hasnt been 1 started yet.

Im not upto an awful lot today, just the same as yesterday, job hunting online. Its too icy to go anywhere as we had more snow last night and the night before. Our cul-de-sac is like a skating rink just now, roll on the thaw!!

Harris is running about mad today after being snuggled beside me and had a lovely lie in. He managed to pull the clothes horse down last night and this morn so going to have to try keep him away from it. He has also taken a shine to my new indoor tree, i think he likes the taste of the leaves.

Hope everyone has a great day. The OH is away out tonight at 8pm so i will definately be around for the quiz

Take care

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #2

Re: wednesday chat

Morning Pamela81 and all to follow.

I'm dusting and re-arranging the bookshelves in the lounge today. OH has gone off to play golf, which is good because the bookshelves run along the side wall by the TV so there would be no way I could do them if he was at home!

Grey, rainy and mild here this morning. One of those days when you think it's never going to get light properly.

I have Qs ready for the quiz this evening - hope they're not too hard/easy!!! All welcome around 8.15.

Will pop back later to catch up on everyone's exciting day! Have a good one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #3

Hi Pamela, Angie, those to follow. We dodged the bullet again, the heavy snow was all to the South and North of us; we only got about an inch. It's really bad in New York and Boston. Here it's still very chilly, minus 2 C (28 F), wind chill minus 6 but that will get worse as the winds will pick up this afternoon. But the sun is shining, and my neighbor shovelled my walk!

Managed to schedule a doctor appointment, February 8th; surprised I could be seen so soon!

I had a weird computer dream last night. There's some odd stuff in the toolbar section that I don't know how to delete; well, I did in my dream but don't remember how! Get a life ... dreaming about the computer!

Good luck in the job hunt, Pamela; Angie, look forward to the quiz tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
12-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #4

Hello all!

Thanks for the Quiz reminders, had quite let that slip out of my mind!!! *rolls eyes*

Quietish day at work, then home and time to set up my new clothes airer - cause the last one was practically falling down whenever I tried to put clothing on it to dry - not Clouds fault!!! This one is a different style, and looks sturdier, so... Took a bit of doing to put it together though!

Otherwise have slowly been catching up online now too...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
12-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #5

Hi, all! ~
Accomplished the tank breakdown yesterday, it is sooo quiet in this house now. Such a relief all the majors parts ot this are done now! There are a few odds and ends to take care of as far as clean up and accessories but all the live things are cared for and on their way..makes things far less stressful to take care of things when you know there aren't any living creatures that are relying on you or managing things in such a way to make it the least bit stressful for them. material objects can sit and be taken care of in a relaxed manner at our leisure is what i'm getting at!
K took it very well, I am so proud of him. Very positive attitude about the whole thing yesterday and was so gracious to all those forum friends that arrived to help. I feel like we are both breathing a bit easier now.
Hestia was a little stubborn one while people were here and she was locked away. She tried quite determinedly to squeeze her body under the door. People would go to use the restroom and be a bit surprised to look across the hall and see some tortie arms flailing under the door and making the door shake..they must have thought i had a tiger in there!!
We got lots of snow. Hoping it will melt soon as K would like to go into town and run some errands if the roads aren't too bad.
Hope you all have a lovely day!~

Catsey Veteran

12-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #6

LOL I can just visualize the tortie paw under the door ... she was determined to get out, bless her. I do love your Hestia!!

Catsey Veteran

12-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #7

Thanks!! She is so silly, do you know she's come to play attacking Solomon and smacking the dogs?? Old lady is quite spry, I think good ol' Sol has boosted her confidence actually.
The cats' water fountain arrived!! I am very pleased with it. The only thing I would say negative is to NOT turn it to high power like they advise as a cat can easily move the top just so the water streams out and makes a mess. If you put it on the LOW setting it is just perfect, even if a cat like Solomon decides to bat his paws in the stream. It is early days yet though, we'll see if they have anymore tricks up their sleeves
They also got some smart new litter boxes..the Booda Box. A tan color for living room decor and lilac one for the nursery. Looks much nicer with privacy stairs and such.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
12-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #8

evening all! you must get some pics of them playing in the fountain tink! not done much today, went to work to find it pretty much in darkness, powercut! so we got to stand about in the cold for an hour before it came back on!! 3 hours later, lights go off, ....another powercut! thankfully it only lasted 20mins this time! got home from work and made a pot of chicken and rice soup, yum!! sat down to play quiz and watch tv at the same time! now im upstairs letting the ratties out! girls are out just now then it will be the boys turn! then feed the animals and bed the best part of the day!!

Catsey Veteran

12-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #9

Yes, pics of the fountain and Solomon would be nice, also of the new fancy litter boxes.

Catsey Veteran

13-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Yes, pics of the fountain and Solomon would be nice, also of the new fancy litter boxes.
Done!