Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #1

Glorious Sunday

I am very sorry if it isn't where you live - but it has been glorious here this morning. Early frost, blue sky, sunshine, a bit chilly but lovely. OH, MIL and I went out to Chidham for a walk ......... have photos to post later.

Get well soon to any poorly people and catties. Hope everyone manages to enjoy their Sunday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #2

Re: Glorious Sunday

Nice quiet day here. Nothing much to report - just staying home... hoping that I'll be able to get the car out tomorrow morning - hard to tell, esp as I don't have a spade...

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #3

I am upset with my darling Kizzy. She has had a long-tailed tit a while ago, I know it's her nature and I have no idea how she caught the little bird, they are generally so quick so perhaps it was ailing.

Two mice last night too - I suspect Kizzy and Pip had one each.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
09-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #4

afternoon all! not much going on here today, just about to go get changed and take the dog for a walk, hopefully tire him out! the few inches of snow we got on friday was washed away by the rain yesterday yay! OH made soda scones so i have enjoyed one with the remainder of butter from xmas goodies! diet and excersizing starts this week!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
09-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I am upset with my darling Kizzy. She has had a long-tailed tit a while ago, I know it's her nature and I have no idea how she caught the little bird, they are generally so quick so perhaps it was ailing.

Two mice last night too - I suspect Kizzy and Pip had one each.
poor little things, it isnt nice when they think they are doing good and they leave them at the door! my mums cat brought one in last summer, the door was open so she came in, i thought she was playing with a bobble at first then she ran up to my bedroom with it eeeek!! luckily she dropped it before disappearing under the bed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #6

Housework this morning and now relaxing. Beef stifado in the oven.

Sorry to hear about the bird Angie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #7

Brrr! Coldest day of the season so far: sunny, but very brisk winds. Presently minus 5 (23 F), wind chill minus 12!! Nothing to report here, just a quiet day planned with papers and crossword. Swordfish and fresh spinachhere for dinner.

Sorry about the bird, Angie, but they will follow their nature. Hope it's a nice Sunday for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #8

Cold but dry and sunny day here today, very nice. We took Malaika out for a walk to work on her heel work, she's gone off a bit at the moment and we have an assessment coming up. Couldn't realy enjoy the walk properly as we had to keep stopping untill she came to heel, in fact i think she thinks her name is heel

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #9

afternoon, all.
it started snowing last night, had let up by this morning but some is still stuck on the ground and the pond is frozen though very slowly melting as we are up to 35 at the moment.
have had some nice cheese and crackers (sometimes the simplest things taste so good!) and my coffee and soda fix and now waiting for k to wake up so we can pop off to the store as i'd like a nice smoke and we are out (we will be weaning to the e-cigs as soon as our shipment arrives but until then...!).
oh and it was funny last night. i popped out to take a video of the snow as it was falling just the way i like..nice and airy and pretty and hestia did one of her houdini things where she slips past an impoosibly small space by my legs and zooms out---
Well! As soon as all four paws hit the ground that wasn't covered by our roof she stopped dead in her tracks! Looked up at the sky and some snowflakes fell and rested on her coat and she promptly went back to the front door and inquired me to Please let her back in I have to say I quite enjoyed that part given how many times she has gone on unauthorized walkabout

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #10

Oh I do have to laugh at the picture of Hestia with the snow falling on her fur ... and the prompt change of plans! If she was hoping for a rendesvous with the boyfriend, I bet he wasn't out in that anyway...