Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #1

New Years day 2011

Hello everyone,
hope you all had a nice evening last night and have a good day today.
Poor Chris is still poorly, he is languishing in his bed with no tv on so i know he is ill. Temp not quite as high today.
Have been for a nice country walk with Malaika and now just taking it easy, as are Tom and Jerry on our bed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #2

Re: New Years day 2011

Happy New Year Shelley! Sorry Chris is still poorly and hope he feels better soon. It's always a good barometer isn't it if the TV is off and no book is being read!

Kizzy and Pip have played themselves out this morning, chasing each other around. Kizzy is now asleep in her nest and Pip is here in the study on his "other" chair having a cat nap.

Just off to make a cuppa. Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #3

Hi all... Quiet day here - usual mix of playing online and sorting out things. Cloud also sleeping on my bed... I let her into my room for the first time last night. It worked out alright until about 4:30am when I rolled over onto my side, disturbed her, and she then went walk about. Don't think either of us slept deeply from that point on!!!

She had mad hour earlier on today, diving all over the place, so I guess she's allowed to be sleepy again now!

Hope everyone has a good New Years Day. 1/1/11 as a couple of people have pointed out elsewhere online!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #4

Happy New Year, all. Quiet day here, been transferring birthdays, anniversaries, etc. from last year's calendar to the new one; sort of sad as some are no longer here... We're having a mini-thaw, 10 C (49 F); cloudy and rain later, but nice to be above freezing for a welcome change. Fixing the traditional Hoppin' John dish tonight for good luck in the coming year. Leia's having a post-breakfast nap beside me on her thermal mat.

Sorry Chris is still poorly, Shelley. Naughty Cloud, Squirrel! Enjoy the cuppa, Angie.

Stay warm and dry, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #5

Afternoon all, went to the shops and did a bit of shopping in the sales, got two cardigans a pair of trousers for work and a sports bra.

Home now, spaghetti bolognaise for dinner tonight.

Have a good one everybody xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
01-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #6

happy new year all!! im not that long out of bed! had a friend come round last night so after bells i phoned oz to speak to my sis and my mum who's over visiting her at the mo. then we went up to another friends house and didnt end up getting back til 4am! yawn! we were all set to come back at 2 but my friend decided he was staying so cancelled his taxi, then when we got home at 4, he wanted to go home!! grrr to had to wait on a taxi to come and get him, so didnt get to bed until 5!! oh puked his guts up- he doesnt know when enough is enough, so slept on the couch and i get the bed to myself
so his plans of making steak pie from scratch- i just wanted to buy one!!!, are put off for a few hours
hope every one has a nice day!! prob wont get on tomorrow, i've been 'booked' for babysitting duties all day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #7

Afternoon all hope everyone is good.

Been out to the sales brought couple of bedside lamps and a throw for the bed, while out bumped into a cousin I have not seen in a fair few years exchanged mobile numbers.

Took Sal for a nice walk, even more convinced now we both need to tone up this year.

Spent a little while reviewing 2010 and have decided it was a good year all round a few little bumps but all said and good an excellent year.

So having grilled sirloin steak for dinner with baked potoao and salad. Starting as I mean to go one