Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #41

Re: Big Foozy has Cat Flu

Poor Barnaby, glad to hear he's on the road to recovery though. What a time your pride of poorly pusscats has had - my two send comforting purrrrrs.

Good to know about Convenia, I just mustn't get it muddled in my head with the human cough syrup!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
06-06-2015, 05:18 AM   #42

Just read the news about Barnaby and Inky now, FM. Gosh, you are having a stressful time. Poor you, and your poor kitties. I'm pleased that Big Foozy is much better now, and that Inky seems to be on the mend. BUT poor Barnaby. Thank heavens he seems to be improving a bit.He's far too beautiful to be sick. Give him a wee cuddle for me and tell him that Auntie Dinky sends him all her love. Betsey- Mae also sends him lots of purrs - she, too, thinks he's a beautiful boy. All the best FM.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
06-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #43

BF is now better completely and so is Inky. Barnaby is under the weather. He's sneezing and sleeping a lot. He's having gourmet wet food for the gravy and cat milk. He never normally eats wet food but perhaps he can't manage dry. He 's outside at the moment getting some sunshine. He's nowhere near as poorly as BF but he's definitely not his usual self.

Thank you Dinky, I will tell him his Aunty Dinky and Betsey-Mae send him cuddles. He will appreciate it, I know. The receptionist at the vet thought he was beautiful and said he was such a big cat. We said he is the smallest of the 6! OH is convinced that Fecto is the 'reservoir of infection', the clue being in the name 'Fectious Chap'. Poor Fecto, it's not true. Thank you everybody for your good vibes and advice. You have all been very helpful. I hope nobody else has to go through this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #44

So glad that BF and Inky are better, FM. I found it very interesting what you said in an earlier post about your cats' immunisation - makes me wonder whether if an individual cat has had immunisation jabs, the virus they catch is that much stronger. Guess we need a vet opinion on that.

Gentle cuddles for Barnaby - and loads of positive healing vibes. Kizzy and Pip send purrrrrs and do let me know if you'd like Kizzy to have a word with The Great Cat!

Catsey Senior

06-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #45

I would love Kizzy to have a word with The Great Cat for Barnaby. He seems to be sleeping his way through the poorly bit. Poor little chap.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
07-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #46

Dear Barnaby. Gentle hugs to them all. 'Keep calm and carry on'.

Catsey Senior

07-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #47

Thanks Truth, good advice. Barnaby has had some cat milk this morning and is on his favourite blanky on the bed. He's having a little wash. He's quite snuffly and sneezy but hopefully the long acting stuff he was given on Thursday will be kicking all the time.