Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #11

Re: Goodbye "oh m'darlin" Clementine

I'm sorry to hear you've had to say goodbye to Clemmie, it's such a sad day when we have to let them go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
20-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #12

"she was a cat and a half"
She really really was. I was looking at photos of when she was a tiny dot of a kitten earlier on, for those not familiar with her early years..her existence came by pure chance, someone my parents knew ran a local riding school & stables and she incidentally bred ragdolls, a naughty queen escaped and got rather friendly with some of the feral toms kept on the yard for mousing, the litter were seen as pure inconvenience and put out to fend for themselves when old enough, we took the kits we could find as they had took up residence with one of the terriers there, we found good homes for the others and kept the naughty tortie. She instantly clicked with our old jack russell who mothered her something rotten, I stick by she was never quite clear whether she was feline or canine..but she was the boss of them all, always of a demure and small stature she still ruled the house with an iron paw. From mastering how to catch bats, to having a certain illicit passion for taking advantage of rolling in after a few cheeky vimtos with a kebab by devouring the hot sauce off it, amongst other things. Until recent times she kept her health well only visiting the vets for jabs, to be speyed, once after getting beaten up by a big feral and another for knocky teeth. A true diamond of sorts. Known locally for often plodding along behind me and an array of different breeds of dogs on walks over the years, she really was one in a million. The house is horribly quiet without her, and the animals are still in a state of mourning as am I. It's just very quiet, and a lot less fun without her. Not bad for "just a moggy" eh?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #13

She had a good life with you, Luke and has obviously left her mark on you..

A beautiful girl, never to be forgotten...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #14

A little moggie that has left paw prints, certainly. You speak of her with such fondness Luke, I do feel for you and your quiet household.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: MainecoonXSiamese boys & lucky dip
20-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #15

Sorry for the loss of your special girl. She was so beautiful. RIP.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
21-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #16

So sorry, she was gorgeous & sounds like a real character xx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
21-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #17

So very sorry for the passing of your dear headstrong and very special girl.
Sounds like she touched everyone's heart she came into contact with, not all cats have that 'magic' do they but from what you've described she has melted and left a huge mark on everyone's hearts and will be missed big time by all. Give your other babies a gentle hug and cuddles, they will need it at this time as well as you. *hugs*

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
21-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #18

I am so sorry to hear this news. I used to love reading your threads about Clementine and the 'kittens'.

RIP Clementine. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #19

so sory to hea of your loss of clementine. she was a beautiful girl. run free little 1 xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
22-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #20

Thanks all, it really is heartbreaking at home at the minute..all the other pets are moping, and my big tom "kittens" have taken to living on top of the wardrobe in the cat den until further notice. All very sad, think this is a big hole that's been left i'm afraid